Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Once again my favorite FREE application comes through for us. The new ORB 2.0 software supports streaming RSS feeds which is great as you can now stream YouTube video to your Treo!

ORB 2.0 is still in Beta testing so consider that as you try it out.

I added 4 of the 11 built in YouTube RSS feeds but it can end up being limitless as you can tailor the feeds to a single video or groups of videos.

Instructions:
    After you logon with your Treo click the feeds link.

If you would like to try it out I have a link and logons below.

http://mycast.orb.com

Logons:
    treo700p
    user1

Password:
    password

As I have stated in the past ORB only allows 3 user accounts per server and one is my personal account. Meaning you will have to wait until whomever is testing logs off the account before the next person can test.

Have fun ORBing!

Peace,

DREi

Lovin' my Treo 700p and ORB!
    Last edited by drei22; 11/03/2006 at 06:19 PM.
    Getting an error, "externalStream.asx" cannot play. It may be unsupported,...

I have the new Kinoma 4.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    thx for posting this. I checked it out. the interface is great. I clicked on the feeds though and it says unsupported media in kinoma. I am sure its something I missed though. your thoughts? also I was checking out the kinoma site and the 4ex player says it does flash media. anyone confirm this?
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Kinoma 4 has the youtube rss feeds built in....I dont see them updating that much though

You can create your own rss feeds for your favorite users or keywords:
    RSS Feeds for Tags and Users

To create an RSS feed for your favorite tags or users, simply enter the tag or username as specified in the below URLs. You can then add this URL to your newsreader. Please note, you will need to create a feed for each individual tag or user you wish to subscribe to.

Tags:
    For example, if you wanted to create an RSS feed for the tag "monkey," you would enter: http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/monkey.rss

Users:
    http://www.youtube.com/rss/user/[insert username here]/videos.rss
    You enter the url in the screen with the YouTube rss feeds already in Kinoma.
    Last edited by circpro; 11/03/2006 at 06:00 PM.

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Getting an error, "externalStream.asx" cannot play. It may be unsupported,...

I have the new Kinoma 4.
    It's supported I tested thoroughly before I posted the info with the buit in basic Kinoma Player works as expected.
    Last edited by drei22; 11/03/2006 at 06:17 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Also I'd like to add check out the desktop interface on your PC. It's simply ridiculous with features. Basically you can build your own Media GUI by simply dragging and dropping the components on the screen. I love my Sling Box but my Medusa (3 TV cards) ORB PC really out shines it most of the time without having to takeover a whole cable receiver to boot. My ORB PC was built for $500 which honestly is something to really consider if purchasing a Sling Box Pro.
    Last edited by drei22; 11/03/2006 at 06:24 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    thx for posting this. I checked it out. the interface is great. I clicked on the feeds though and it says unsupported media in kinoma. I am sure its something I missed though. your thoughts? also I was checking out the kinoma site and the 4ex player says it does flash media. anyone confirm this?
    I just tested with the new Kinoma 4 EX. Kinoma 4 picks up the feed but then reports insufficient banwidth and locks up my 700p. Anyone else experiencing this? The built in Kinoma player will also report the bandwidth issue but makes adjustments to the feed so that it can be viewed.
  8.    #8  
    Ok after you log in you need to go to the settings link at the bottom of the page, then go to streams and select 3GP/RTSP format. Click save and then stream it takes up much less bandwidth. You may want to play around with each of the settings a bit to optimize the stream. Also try limiting the bandwidth to around 200kb - 250 kb. Let the board know how it goes.

Peace,

DREi
    Okay, drei, you got me hooked on Orb in the last two hours. I have been playing around and have this to report. I can stream audio, video, and tv to my 700P from my home computer. I am using Kinoma 4, not the basic included version. Yes, it all works and Orb is truly amazing. I am in awe.

Now, for me, I am not in an EVDO area now. Hopefully in Feb, so they say. So, for me, only the audio is good. The video (movies) and TV are too jerky. The audio on them is good. I had to set my speed to 48 so I wouldn't get insufficient bandwidth errors. (You do that by adding making your Orb home link look something like: http://my.orb.com/orb/index.jsp?speed=48 )

I will be in Jacksonville on Sunday and try out some Orb streaming there. They have EVDO.

Thanks for getting me interested in this amazing software.
    I upgraded to kinoma 4 yesterday at work. I've been on youtube since. I've watched southpark, Chappelle's show, blazing saddles, Holyfield vs. Tyson, Mind of Mencia, etc. I love it.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    how bout an option for us mac users?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  12.    #12  
    Okay, drei, you got me hooked on Orb in the last two hours. I have been playing around and have this to report. I can stream audio, video, and tv to my 700P from my home computer. I am using Kinoma 4, not the basic included version. Yes, it all works and Orb is truly amazing. I am in awe.

Now, for me, I am not in an EVDO area now. Hopefully in Feb, so they say. So, for me, only the audio is good. The video (movies) and TV are too jerky. The audio on them is good. I had to set my speed to 48 so I wouldn't get insufficient bandwidth errors. (You do that by adding making your Orb home link look something like: http://my.orb.com/orb/index.jsp?speed=48 )

I will be in Jacksonville on Sunday and try out some Orb streaming there. They have EVDO.

Thanks for getting me interested in this amazing software.
    Well that's good to hear Kinoma 4 is working with ORB. I'll have to try to tweak it on my Treo as it still locks up when streaming. ORB is very kool indeed and the best part is it's FREE! I'd also like to add that the speed adjustment in the URL will only work in ORB 1.0.
    Last edited by drei22; 11/04/2006 at 09:45 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    how bout an option for us mac users?
    I honestly don't see that happening in the near future. Why? Simply because ORB was designed as a compliment to Windows Media Center Edition and they have been focused in that direction ever since with not even one mention of a MAC version over the past few years.
    Sorry Dude.
    any options for mac users??
    Well that's good to hear Kinoma 4 is working with ORB. I'll have to try to tweak it on my Treo as it still locks up when streaming. ORB is very kool indeed and the best part is it's FREE! I'd also like to add that the speed adjustment in the URL will only work in ORB 1.0.
    What are your cache settings in Blazer? I have mine set at 8mb with my 700P. It seems the best speed I can get in non-EVDO is 48k. I tried 64 but it was buffering too much. For a point of reference, when I am watching TV on my Treo through Orb at 48k, the quality is about like MobiTV. Decent, not great. But I'll bet it's pretty good with EVDO.
    Thanks for all the info drei22. I wanted to weigh in on the mac issue. Orb can be accessed and viewed on a Mac or basically any device with a web connection and a browser. However there is no option to install the Orb console on Mac at this time.

I have heard rumors of a new version of the Mac OS that allows users to run both OS's simultaneously and you could quickly flip between them rather than the current bootcamp model of pick an OS on startup. Once that badboy comes out it will be open season.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makismd View Post
    any options for mac users??
    reboot... go into boot camp and load windows..

or try using virtual software.
  18.    #18  
    What are your cache settings in Blazer? I have mine set at 8mb with my 700P. It seems the best speed I can get in non-EVDO is 48k. I tried 64 but it was buffering too much. For a point of reference, when I am watching TV on my Treo through Orb at 48k, the quality is about like MobiTV. Decent, not great. But I'll bet it's pretty good with EVDO.
    My cache is set to 6meg but then again I'm on EVDO.
    sometimes when I view a clip in kinoma 4, it tells me there's not enough room on my external storage and it downloads to internal. where does it download to and how do I find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    sometimes when I view a clip in kinoma 4, it tells me there's not enough room on my external storage and it downloads to internal. where does it download to and how do I find it?
    If the clip shows up in the Kinoma Player menu, you should be able to click that (i) button on the right with your 5 way and it will give you the file path details.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast