1.    #1  
    Just finished up ordering a Treo 700p with Sprint. I'm a new customer, so I'm getting a 2 year plan. I wish I wasn't locked into that, but I expect I'll like the phone and the service enough to keep it that long.

I got a $150 instant savings credit, a $100 rebate that I will get when I send in the form (had to order by tomorrow to get it), an instant $50 savings (when on the Sprint website and ordering, a yellow chat box opened up and "Jessica" offered me the deal--we couldn't get the order to go through, then we got disconnected, but I clicked the "Chat Online with a Representative Now" button, and "Monique" was able to give me a promo code to apply for the discount.), the $36 activation fee was waived, and the shipping is free. Not a bad deal. I didn't see where they charged any taxes, either, but I thought they were going to.

I'm pretty excited. I've been madly researching the 700p online (mostly here and at HowardChui.com's forums) since I first found out I could get the phone (my employer is paying for the phone, but I have to pay for the plan) last week. I went to a Sprint store last night and tried it out, put it in my pocket, etc., and think I'll be really happy with it.

Thanks to all the posters here who've provided answers to my questions and the wealth of information in all of the posts about the 700p and Sprint service.

P.S. I hope this thread is okay for this section of the forum. I don't know how strict it is around here. :-)
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the treo family
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  3.    #3  
    Tank you, tank you. :-)

I do various computer related things for a small college outside of Philly, and among my duties for the past few years has been miscellaneous support for a couple Treo 650's, so I'm a little familiar with them (I've also had a Palm III as my PDA since 1999!!!), but I'm excited to really see what I can do with one.

I'm hoping to go from carrying a Palm III, a Sony Ericsson T610, and a 2nd Gen. iPod to only carrying the Treo. We'll see if it can replace the functionality I need from those devices (certainly it will with the T610 and the Palm Pilot...not sure if it'll work as an iPod replacement. I love my iPod, but it'd be great to not have to carry it around every day in my briefcase.)

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Let me be the second to welcome you to HELL...

Just j/k, hope your a technical w/ Palm. It takes a little getting used to it's problems. Once you do, you'll love it..

Ohh BTW: You won't see the problem right away..

Welcome to PALM
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, Wilsonb, I've certainly read about various problems people have. I'm expecting to see some of them surface, and just hoping that they aren't so bad that my Treo experience is completely ruined. I'm also hoping that some update will be released by Palm that will address whatever the problems are (I keep reading people's posts requesting a fix--maybe Palm will listen).

I'm also very interested in the "zoti" antenna and the "Zero" antenna options I've been reading about here....I may go that route some day soon.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    Thanks, Wilsonb, I've certainly read about various problems people have.
    No prob. As far as Palm listening to customers... It will take a hit on their earnings. Sad but true...

I am also interested in the "Zero" Antenna, waiting for a good looking one for the 700p to be avail.

Also, waiting on someone to di-sect their 700p for a Audio jack hack to standardize it.. (Another stupid move by palm)

PS: I really am an optimistic person..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Welcome To The Treo Family!! We Are All Addicted!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The UnDoug View Post
    (my employer is paying for the phone, but I have to pay for the plan)
    You should try and swing it the other way. You pay for the phone and your employer pays the monthly costs.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, wish I could, Brandorr, but the phone and data use of the thing will be completely personal. I can only really argue that they should pay for the phone so that I can become familiar with how it works so I can provide better support.