1.    #1  
    The initial report was that the Nitro was going to be Palm OS and high speed data...

Did that not happen? Did I miss something? Is there another Treo that is Palm OS with high speed data?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    The 680 is the Lowrider.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Ah....then I think Engadget or whichever one of those sites that released photos mislabeled it.

When do we get the Nitro? :-D
  4.    #4  
    I think this is one place where I got confused....they say both the 750 and 680 will be UMTS...

http://treo.about.com/od/treomodels/...olenrumors.htm
  5.    #5  
    This page calls the 680 the Nitro....but says it is NOT 3G...

http://www.palmzone.net/article.php?sid=965
    Maybe Nitro is the updated code name. I'm getting confused with all the code names, LOL!

Was the 750 both the Hollywood and the Lennon?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    I'm not sure either!!!! Codenames aside, does ANYONE know if there is a Palm OS 3G Treo on the way? lol
    On GSM, Palm OS fails with 3G. Works with CDMA EVDO only(700p).

9.    #9  
    So despite the rumors, there won't be a 3G Palm OS/GSM phone?
    Palm OS is supposedly unable to handle 3G. It's been posted on TC more times than I can count.

Correct.

UMTS/HSPDA apparently requires the ability to do simultaneous voice and data where as EVDO is separate. PalmOS can't handle simultaneous voice and data only separate, hence why it can support EVDO and not UMTS/HSDPA

... and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Only those that refused to believe the reports were expecting a 3G cheap POS Treo. Everyone else who read the Sagio report knew the POS Treo would have EDGE only, from the end of last year already.

Surur
  13.    #13  
    Interesting. Well, if I'm forced to go to Windows Mobile, so be it.

Seems to me the tradeoff then is form factor/size....

Never been a big fan of WM, but I suppose I could get all the cool software I have on the Treo on a WM device.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Palm OS is supposedly unable to handle 3G. It's been posted on TC more times than I can count.
    EvDO is 3G.