Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm new to Chatter, coming from VersaMail. There are three things Iím having some trouble with when using Chatter as opposed to VersaMail (things that VersaMail does that I canít seem to do in Chastter0. Iím hoping you have some suggestions here. I am using the newest Beta version on a treo 700P.

1. On a POP3 account, VersaMail picks up whatever is in my Inbox even if it is read or even replied to already. Chatter doesnít seem to do this. Is there a setting in Chatter where I can have it pick up messages in my inbox even if they have been read? Example, Iím using my desktop and get may mail through Outlook (POP3). I reply to the e-mail and shut the PC down. The only message left in my Inbox is the one I just replied to. If I later go to VersaMail, it gets the one message there (and any new ones). Chatter doesnít pick up the e-mail in question. Can I set it to get the e-mail?

2. I have received some blog entries as e-mails through a service called R Mail. When I get them with VersaMail, all is good. When I get them with Chatter, the apostrophes are dashes (e.g. Ď is -) (e.g. donít is don-t). Also, the lines are all broken. Itís like
    there are too
    many
    carriage returns (like this).
    Again, not an issue in
    VersaMail, only in Chatter (with the same e-mail). Is there a solution?

3. Last is battery. Iím only using Chatter as POP3 with no automatic setting for retrieval or push. However, it seems like the battery life is still taking a hit now that Chatter is installed. Do you have any suggestions or settings I should check to make sure I minimize battery drain? If I donít have Chatter pick up mail automatically, there should be no change in battery life yet somehow Iím taking a hit.

Thanks for your help!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Hi, Rob...

#1. This wouldn't have anything to do with Chatter; it must be a setting either on your PC or on the server that's causing the messages to no longer be available for use with POP3. BTW, POP3 is a terrible choice for mobile mail...

#2. I'd have to see a message like this; I'm really not sure what you're seeing. The only way for me to check this would be for you to REDIRECT (bounce, re-send) a message like this to me at support@chatteremail.com. Redirect can be done from Thunderbird (PC/Mac) or Entourage (Mac).

#3. There will be a hit of some sort, regardless. Check out the Performance prefs, though, and make sure "Latency ... More" is set.

Marc