1.    #1  
    I was playing around with TealLock (Ver 6 Beta 17 Standard Edition) on my Sprint 700p, and noticed an immediate problem.

When in the Phone app, and clicking on "Call Log" my Treo 700p immediately goes into the locking mode and showing the TealLock screen. I would then have to enter my password to unlock my Treo. WTF??

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I accidently made a wrong setting.

Anyone else experienced this? I've had to disable TealLock as a result of this.

There's always something!!

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I was playing around with TealLock (Ver 6 Beta 17 Standard Edition) on my Sprint 700p, and noticed an immediate problem.

When in the Phone app, and clicking on "Call Log" my Treo 700p immediately goes into the locking mode and showing the TealLock screen. I would then have to enter my password to unlock my Treo. WTF??

Am I doing something wrong, or maybe I accidently made a wrong setting.

Anyone else experienced this? I've had to disable TealLock as a result of this.

There's always something!!

Thanks, Casey
    It's up to beta 33 now, due to beta testers find problems and reporting them through the Yahoo Group.

Why not join us in the Yahoo Group and find out more

FYI There was a problem in an early beta where TealLock was "on" all the time, even when it was "off" which stopped you accessing your "Favourite" screen. I reported it and it was sorted within hours.

Come on over and help out
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    It's up to beta 33 now, due to beta testers find problems and reporting them through the Yahoo Group.

Why not join us in the Yahoo Group and find out more

FYI There was a problem in an early beta where TealLock was "on" all the time, even when it was "off" which stopped you accessing your "Favourite" screen. I reported it and it was sorted within hours.

Come on over and help out

Okay, good to know it wasn't just me! I thought I was doing something wrong. I got so fed up with Teal Lock that I had to completely delete the app, because of too many strange things happening, even with the app turned off! The app was in fact always ON from what I could tell, even if I didn't want it so.

Honestly, I tend to think that Teal Lock has become too complex. I really don't need 1001 features that require reading dozens of manual pages to comprehend. I can do with just the top 10, or even 3 or 4 ! As long as the several most useful features work right, I'm happy, and don't miss the other 999 other functions.

Thanks for your offer of joining the beta group, but I think I'll just wait it out until the app is finalized. I cannot risk having to do a hard reset as a result of an app that I already know is suspect. The last time, it took me 2 weeks to re-program my Treo after doing a hard reset erasure. Waaaaaaay to frustrating!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've been helping with beta testing as well (up to beta 35 today). The developer has been extremely responsive. I had used Teallock a long time ago, but stopped with the 700P, as it just had too many issues. However, the new version 6 works *very* well. I honestly think this will be the best app for those who decide they want more security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Honestly, I tend to think that Teal Lock has become too complex. I really don't need 1001 features that require reading dozens of manual pages to comprehend. I can do with just the top 10, or even 3 or 4 ! As long as the several most useful features work right, I'm happy, and don't miss the other 999 other functions.
    Don't worry they have covered that as well.

There are now 4 versions in the download, from Lite to Corporate, so if you want simple, it's there
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway