1.    #1  
    I just bought jack back to use with my 8mb flash module. It is just what I have been looking for. I backed up 4mb of my 5mb of used ram (I skipped avantgo docs) in 2mb of space on my flash module. I can back up automatically at virtually any interval or backup with a tap instantly. after the initial backup, the process is very fast because it skips files which have not changed. Very cool, and I dont even need a slow, all or nothing backup module now!!! BTW, handango is selling it for $15 which is $5 cheaper than any place else I found. Happy happy joy joy, no more worries about lost data or going home to restore data and reinstall all of my apps.
    Thanks for your post. I had been considering buying JackBack and you pushed me over the edge. Just got it (on Handango) and installed it. Pretty slick little program!

A question - after completing the install, do you know if the program "JBInstall" which is using 202K can be deleted from the Visor? I was thinking this just did the install, but maybe it is the backup program itself. I'm a little confused.

Thanks,
    Doug

UPDATE - Now that I bothered to look at the documentation, I found that YES you can delete the Install program from the Visor.
    Last edited by dougef; 03/10/2001 at 08:53 AM.
    Will JackBack work with Compact Flash Cards?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Will JackBack work with Compact Flash Cards?
    If it hasn't been released yet then its still in beta, but there is/will be a version that works with CF cards.

I've heard it super slow though.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    How about the flash included with the ThinModem+? Can JackBack be used with it? Is the ThinModem+ storage analogous to the 8 mb flash, or to the compact flash, or to nothing?
    Last edited by platinumblonde; 03/12/2001 at 01:22 PM.
    Are we having more fun yet?