Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use a ninja grip (fingers on both sides, one over the top, where the SD card is), and so far, so good. I like my Treo as-is. Keep it in my front pants pocket, with nothing else. I don't mind scratches so much so long as they're not on the screen (I use a screen protector). In fact, the paint's already chipping away, not because of my pants-pocket storage solution, but because I have a tendency during meetings to pull the device out of my pocket and place it on the table screen-down because it lies flatter that way. Screen up, and the damn thing rattles back and forth, which I find a bit annoying.

Saw a slim-fit leather case the other day, which I might consider. That way, I could keep a couple of other trinkets in my pocket without worrying I bang up my device.

EDIT - Links:

http://treocentral.com/content/Stories/952-1.htm

http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/09/treo_case_proto.html
    Last edited by CheckPt.Charlie; 11/04/2006 at 06:10 PM.
    Would you post more pictures that show the modifications you made on the case. I think you've accomplished what I've been attempting to do for some time: carry phone, sd card,creditcards and earpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon View Post
    I was just looking at the Speck Tough Case. It looks promising. Anyone have feedback on it?
    As far as protection provided, I think they're top-notch. For some reason, I just don't like the way they feel. Same material I use to protect my IPOD.
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    I have had my 700p for almost 6 months and have never dropped it. I use BSE and it gives you a nice rubbery grip. I even hold it losely with confidence when I talk on it. I talk on it using no hands resting it on my shoulder using my chin to keep it from falling while both my hands are occupied with something. I just don't worry about dropping it and I don't. I take care of my Treo, but I don't treat it like its my baby with speculation...I don't worry about smuges on the screen, though I clean it when it needs to be...I don't play with it...I use it and put it away. I have heard of members wanting to put BSE on the antenna...I am still speechless. I will probably drop it for the first time and crack the screen after this post...lol I needed the BSE due to the fact I am hard on my devices and get full use out of them and I usually don't upgrade for at least a year hoping on two, so I am hoping BSE keeps things looking good on the cosmetic side if my 700 and I are in it for the long hall.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I was wondering how dropping affects mfg warranty.
    I don't have insurance.
    But let's say down the road the speakerphone sounds cracked or something else that may or may not be directly related to dropping it.
    What recourse do we have?
    Just call me Berd.
    I haven't dropped my treo 700 yet, but I just got it, so I have plenty of time to do it. So today I bought the palm silicon case , and finds it fits great, looks great, and seems like it will protect my phone pretty well.
    I dropped mine about a month or so after I got it, right onto a concrete driveway. OUCH. She's still got the battle scars, there's a big gouge on top of the antenna, one on the camera lens frame, & some along the bottom of the front faceplate. The skin I have on her now covers most of the damage up, but I'm still trying to get ahold of a dummy phone/broken unit so I can swap out the housing. Poor baby. I actually apologized to my phone after I dropped it.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I was wondering how dropping affects mfg warranty.
    I don't have insurance.
    But let's say down the road the speakerphone sounds cracked or something else that may or may not be directly related to dropping it.
    What recourse do we have?

Maybe you should consider buying the $3 - 6/ month insurance
    I would not feel safe without the insurance. Then again, I baby everything I own. The battery will probably wear out before I even get a single scratch on the unit. I recommend a good case of course, and some Boxwave Cleartouch Crystal screen protectors. I have sworn by these on all of my handhelds.
    I thought that was his antenna, too. Figured he'd gotten a zero/zoti shorty.
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    wrspoon, I picked up a black Specks Tough Case at Staples on clearance. It was so cheap I grabbed it just for the sake of experimentation. The only disadvantage to it is the lack of an SD card opening. I find it easy to slide in and out of the case so that hasn't been a big problem. The plastic cover for the screen is removable. I ditched it after the first day.

I will be ordering an Otterbox before Spring arrives. When I'm on my boat and the Atlantic Ocean decides it's time for me to have a salt water rinse I want my phone to survive. :-)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12