1.    #1  
    Looking at the various bluetooth GPS solution bundles available, but none seem to bother mentioning whether they include the option of generating track logs while on a trip. This feature is probably more useful for hikers/runners/cyclists who want a record of the path of their trip for later review. Anyone know whether this feature is available on any of the solutions out there?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Treo 300
    Can't tell you about the others, but the Garmin GPS 10 with Que software does NOT do tracks, though the upcoming (supposedly this month according to Garmin, take it for what it's worth) Garmin Mobile 10 with Mobile XT software DOES do tracks, according to the Mobile XT user guide (which is already on their website.)

By the way, if you have a Bluetooth GPS unit, there are several free programs that will do tracks. I use Cetus GPS, works fine with my Garmin GPS 10 receiver though there's no way I know of to display them on the Garmin maps using the Que software for Palm. You can display the tracks created by Cetus on Garmin's MapSource desktop software.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    By the way, if you have a Bluetooth GPS unit, there are several free programs that will do tracks. I use Cetus GPS, works fine with my Garmin GPS 10 receiver though there's no way I know of to display them on the Garmin maps using the Que software for Palm. You can display the tracks created by Cetus on Garmin's MapSource desktop software.
    Oh, very nice. I wasn't even aware that was an option. Can you output in the standard track log formats?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Treo 300
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjohntc View Post
    Looking at the various bluetooth GPS solution bundles available, but none seem to bother mentioning whether they include the option of generating track logs while on a trip. This feature is probably more useful for hikers/runners/cyclists who want a record of the path of their trip for later review. Anyone know whether this feature is available on any of the solutions out there?
    There is an app available. Called KML Creator ..
    It logs, then when you get to a computer, you click the created file (Stored on SD) and Google comes up with a path you took.. It's neat..
    Problem is, you have to use palm always running app with GPS.. Not like other small device you can leave in someone's car and download/check it later.

There was a small nice Bluetooth GPS w/ logger functions I saw a few months ago. Was wondering if it was comp with TomTom6, if so I would sell my Palm one and get it.
    Would be cool for tailing, etc... When I find it I will post if anyone is interested.

I am also looking for more GPS apps.
    so far;
    Im using
    TomTom6 - Extremely happy after adding my own voices and menus.
    KML Creator - works with Google maps on PC... Cool
    Coto GPS - looks complicated... still learning
    GeoNiche - For tails ..Neat .. still learning this one.

I'm looking for something that will acc. measure distance from A-B

anyone?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON