Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Will Google release an application for GMail in a prc format much like the Google Maps application?
    how would anyone know?

just curious
    look no further,lol.

http://www.google.com/mobile/gmail/

Works great on my 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I still dont see why everyone hates versamail I think it does a great job...
    Versamail has serious problems that will eventually cause you problems.

As for the gMail application - as a jar file/midlet - uninstalling it makes it a problem application. In addition, it cannot be moved to the card.

Ben
    Nothing comes close to Chatter, but it's a great thing that Google is supporting the Palm OS with this app, and the just released google maps for Palm OS. Gmail mobile actually works very well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    There are so many features, the search capability is so fast, they've done a great job with this!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I still dont see why everyone hates versamail I think it does a great job...
    I agree. Its a flawless well written program compared to that buggy chatter program. Ever since I deleted chatter and started using Versamail I have not had one crash, lag and my battery life has more than tripled.!!!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I found Versamail on my Treo 650 to be buggy, crash prone and unreliable. Versamail on my 700p has been virtually trouble free. While Versamail doesn't do PUSH email, its current iteration is as good a Palm-based email client as I have ever used...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    look no further,lol.

http://www.google.com/mobile/gmail/

Works great on my 700p.
    Is that a native palm app...I thought it was java?
    Jimmie and rc46, how did you guys get it to work? I get a message that my device does not support the file type (and also that it will only install on the card). I try to install it and it is nowhere to be found. Do you guys have Java installed? I've heard that the JVME download available at the Palm website doesn't work so well on the 700p.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    When I downloaded the Gmail Mobile application to my Treo 700p, I already had the IBM Java Virtual Machine loaded because I was playing with Opera Mini. Regardless, I didn't get the file type error that some people are reporting.

Alan G
    Here you go

http://tinyurl.com/uzudl

Don't forget to install the j9secpol.prc file from here to get rid of the annoying permission popup (if you hadn't installed it already).

2.25.07: Updated Version of this PRC (1.1.0) here:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...4&postcount=57

10.17.07: Updated Version of this PRC (1.5.0) here (thanks edoan!):
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=79
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g-funkster; 10/17/2007 at 02:21 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Do you still need the VM with that?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Oh rats, I was all excited here for the gmail app, but you DO need the Java Virtual machine for it. Palm says that VM is NOT supported on the 700p
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I had a copy of the Java installer on my hard drive that I used on my Tungsten T5. You can still download the IBM JVM from the Palm website. Depending on what device(s) you had before your Treo, you might need to purchase the JVM.

Seems to work just fine on my Treo 700p even though it's not listed as a supported device.

Alan G
    Last edited by AlanG; 11/23/2006 at 09:23 AM.
    VM hasn't gave me any issues yet. It's a good idea to install it, especially for the essential apps like opera mini, hourlyxcast, rottentomatoes, gmail app, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Do you still need the VM with that?
    yep, still required. But check the j9secpol thread linked above for a direct download link to get the java files.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chymo View Post
    VM hasn't gave me any issues yet. It's a good idea to install it, especially for the essential apps like opera mini, hourlyxcast, rottentomatoes, gmail app, etc...
    Since I have VM on my 700P now - is Opera Mini a worth while program to try to work with? Where's the easiest place to get it?
    I have Opera Mini installed and I can count the number of times I use it on one finger. Try it, some like and some do not. I have it just because.

Ben
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast