Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    This may be old news, but Google released a version of Gmail application for organizations/domains. It's the one "with blue M" (as opposed to the one with red M that works with @gmail.com accounts only). See http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/users/mobile.html

Could someone please convert to prc this "blue M" Gmail application?

P.S. Tried to do it myself using jartoprc_win.exe utility. Seems to be allright. Works for me at least

Attached are most recent versions ("1.5.0.1193 gorganic") of Gmail application: "Gmail.prc" is the "red M" (for gmail.com), "Mail by Google.prc" is the "blue M" (for domains).

P.P.S. Added large icon to both apps, files updated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ScudB; 07/20/2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I've now moved to a Centro, and have installed the gmail.prc. When I open the program, there is a problem with the line-up of words/symbols such that it is basically unusable.

Has anyone had success with the gmail app with a Centro? (Mine is from Sprint)

Thanks for any help you can offer! S
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thanks for continuing to update the prc! (although I should probably make it a habit to check more often)

I only wish I didn't have to keep switching the keyboard shortcuts in my head from numbers to letters and back to numbers, though, hahaha.
    Great thing!!

Could you please give some insight inhow to convert it jad files to prc.

I've searched but found that you need both jar and jad files, but I can only find the jad file in googles mobile page.

Do you used the v1.0.0 jar file?
    Last edited by purajunk; 09/11/2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I've been using the Gmail.prc for months, but starting yesterday I keep getting the error message "Network Unavailable. This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength."

I'm trying from the same locations I always used to have no problems accessing it.

When I clear the associated files to the Gmail app with the Filez program, it allows me to check one time and see the list of emails on my account, but then if I try to open an email, or hit the refresh button, the above error message shows.

Resetting the radio does nothing. The only way to have the application work is to remove the related files as explained above.

Anyone have any idea what's going on, and a possible solution?

I'm on Verizon with a 700P.

I've also tried a hard reset, and re-installing the prc.
    Last edited by Theta; 09/18/2008 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Extra clarification
    Forensic Scientist

GMAIL 2 is out. Tried to convert it with jartoprc, but the resulting app does not work. Moved the discussion to the centro forum:
    [i AM NOT ALLOWED TO POST LINKS]
    Quote Originally Posted by purajunk View Post
    Could you please give some insight inhow to convert it jad files to prc.

I've searched but found that you need both jar and jad files, but I can only find the jad file in googles mobile page.
    I used jartoprc_w.exe converter (that's GUI version, not the comman-line one). You only need jad file to work since the jad file has URL of the jar file inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by guiyoforward View Post
    GMAIL 2 is out. Tried to convert it with jartoprc, but the resulting app does not work.
    Same here, Gmail 2 doesn't work.
    That worked for me. I found a few other threads and PRCs but those didn't seem to work. This loads fine on my 700p and has all the new features.

PS. The thread titled "Gmail 2 app to PRC does not work" has attempts at making PRCs but they don't work.
    Blackberry 957 -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    "This loads fine" -- which one? Can't find new prc on page 4 of this thread.
    See the post from Edoan at 10/17/2007, 09:07 AM
    Blackberry 957 -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    I installed the 2.x version of the gmail app onto my 700p w/o realizing that I didn't have a backup of the .jad/.jar for the Treo-specific 1.5.x version that I already had installed.

Version 2 freezes on my 700p, and trying to find that Treo-specific gmail app has been fruitless. I've been able to find 2 different 1.5.x generic gmail apps, but not the one built specifically for the treo.

Are any of the PRCs in this thread built from the Palm-specific jar that google made? Or does anyone know the links to the original Palm-specific jars on gmail.com?

Thanks!

p.s. the links to the generic 1.5.x gmail apps are:

1.5.0.1193: gmail*com/app/v1.5.0.1193/L1/gmail-g.jar

1.5.0.1132: gmail*com/app/v1.5.0/L1/gmail-g.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dawson View Post
    See the post from Edoan at 10/17/2007, 09:07 AM
    That post is about v. 1.5 while we're talking about 2.0.
    As a follow up to my own question, to get the latest 1.5.x version of the gmail app for your 700p, open the following URL in Blazer:

gmail*com/app/gmail.jad?make=Palm&model=Treo+700p&ver=v1.5.0.1193

(i can't post URLs, yet, so change the * to a .)
    Thanks so much. Just upgraded to a Sprint 755p from a 650 and was able to use the linked prc (along with my old IBM JVM) to get the Gmail app back on my phone!
    Has anybody figured this out yet? Is it possible to make the latest Gmail App work on a Centro? This is maddening. Thank you!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456