Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sklinger View Post
    Thanks edoan, thats perfect.
    Yes, thanks!
    Thanks to both g-funkster and edoan for getting us the PRC versions!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Great job with the prc, thanks
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    hooray! Thanks!
    Thank for the new app in .prc

It works great on mt Treo 755p
    I downloaded and installed the regular gmail app; for some reason it doesn't seem to respond to the nav buttons completely and to exit you have to open a menu by using the touchscreen (i.e. you can't push any other app buttons to exit). It works fine otherwise. By any chance is the .prc version any different?
    I installed the app and it errors reporting that it will not work with my email address. Says it only supports @gmail.com addresses. My email is by gmail but using my own domain name. Any way to work around this and get the app to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I installed the app and it errors reporting that it will not work with my email address. Says it only supports @gmail.com addresses. My email is by gmail but using my own domain name. Any way to work around this and get the app to work?
    There is no workaround. The app works with @gmail.com accounts only, custom domain accounts are out of luck.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Does anyone know how to jump from gmail back to the phone app or any other app without having to exit gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by treadstone42 View Post
    Does anyone know how to jump from gmail back to the phone app or any other app without having to exit gmail.
    You'll have to find a different OS, sadly.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I downloaded and installed the regular gmail app; for some reason it doesn't seem to respond to the nav buttons completely and to exit you have to open a menu by using the touchscreen (i.e. you can't push any other app buttons to exit). It works fine otherwise. By any chance is the .prc version any different?
    I think the gmail program (whether the midlet or in prc form) remaps the hard keys to be page up and page down and so on. Using LudusP to set the "Home" key to be "Home" will override that little annoyance. On a Treo 700p, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    I've created a PRC for the new Gmail. You'll need the gmail.prc and optionally, j9secpol.prc to get rid of the annoying airtime usage warnings.
    Any chance we could get a hi-res icon with proper masking, and remove that ugly IBM splash screen? I'd be glad to design the icon - just ask.

I know, I'm being picky...
    Last edited by diamondsw; 10/24/2007 at 04:59 PM.
    i installed this and except for the splash screen, it looks the same to me. am i missing something? are there any new features?
    Quote Originally Posted by edhkim View Post
    I think the gmail program (whether the midlet or in prc form) remaps the hard keys to be page up and page down and so on. Using LudusP to set the "Home" key to be "Home" will override that little annoyance. On a Treo 700p, at least.
    That works, but the bummer is that it blocks the "past apps" function when you hold down the home key. Decisions, decisions.....
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a shortcut to activate the buttons at the bottom of the GMail screen, eg "Menu"? Or do you have to press the button using the touchscreen.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there is a "Page up" key mapping? "Page down" is mapped to the Mail hard key but I can't find the "Page up" one if it exists.
    Does anyone use Google Apps for Domains. I tried getting the gmail app to work with it but it doesn't seem to work with hosted mail only regular Google email. When I setup my google hosted email for all my other mail apps I put in my full username@domain.com for username in the application instead of just my username and it works just fine. I would have thought it would work that way for the gmail app so I can get my domain hosted email as well.
    would someone be able to convert the latest JAR version 1.5.0 of GMAIL Into a PRC file and post it here ? (I have V 1.0 beta working but am unable to get the 1.5.0 jar midlet to open in IBM JAVA..)...thanx much in advance....ben
    problem resolved....I had nelected to install J9launcher from the Websphere environment file....1.5.0 opens fine now....ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bfreeman117 View Post
    would someone be able to convert the latest JAR version 1.5.0 of GMAIL Into a PRC file and post it here ? (I have V 1.0 beta working but am unable to get the 1.5.0 jar midlet to open in IBM JAVA..)...thanx much in advance....ben
    There is a link to it on Page 4 of this thread.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast