Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Does anyone else have trouble viewing attachments that are pictures? I get the error: "Network Unavailable, This program requires a working data connection. Please Check your signal strength"

Is this b/c this java app wasn't really designed for the treo?

Thanks!
    Last edited by barakaspeed; 03/06/2007 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Here's the icon-ified version, same ID as the previous so it should overwrite the old one.
    Quick question. When I had Gmail 1.0.0, it used to ask me permission for https transmission (as its logging in) AND http transmission.

with Gmail 1.1.0, it only asks permission for http transmission. Does this mean that my password is being send over http now?
    you'd have to ask google (here), but if that's what you're seeing then it is possible that google did this to maximize compatibility.

I don't know though. When I checked the 'about' in the simulator, it showed that it was a custom 700P version so they must have already known about compatibility requirements.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    thanks
    I've used GMM on my Treo for many months, but two days ago it stopped working. I'm getting the following error: java:lang.illegalArgumentException:time:471893730

I've tried reinstalling (even using the .prc file noted above), reinstalled Java (now running v2.2.012) and I can't get past that error. Any ideas?
    Hour after after unsuccessfully trying all the things described above, it suddenly started working again! I don't know what made it start working again, but it did. A (happy) mystery.
    Doesn't GMail provide you with IMAP, or Pop access? If it offers IMAP, why not just use Versamail? I was thinking about setting up a GMail account, but only if I can use Versamail. I don't want to add more apps to slow me down.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Doesn't GMail provide you with IMAP, or Pop access? If it offers IMAP, why not just use Versamail? I was thinking about setting up a GMail account, but only if I can use Versamail. I don't want to add more apps to slow me down.
    gmail only offers pop access. i use a combination of the gmail app and snappermail. i take a quick scan using the gmail app (i can quickly mark any spam (by pushing 8 then 8 again)) delete any other crap (push 7 then 7 again) and archive everything else (push 9 and then 9 again) later i can retrieve everything i need by snappermail. if i want to keep it i "delete it" if i want to delete it off gmail i "junk it"
    it works like IMAP for me
    i love it
    Holy crap, it works! Despite the fact I have no idea what any of those files I downloaded mean, it works!

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Holy crap, it works! Despite the fact I have no idea what any of those files I downloaded mean, it works!

Thanks guys!

one of the better posts i've read.

Go thread all - i'm planning on doing this to my phone tomorrow.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I just added gmail to versamail. works just fine.
    Matty
    Hey Rush...Got the same error except with me I got it from the start. Today, I found an icon-i-fied version of the gmail.prc on this post and downloaded using the quickinstall and voila! It works now AND it doesn't even show up in the java app!!!! One of those weird scenarios I guess we'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by rusharound View Post
    I've used GMM on my Treo for many months, but two days ago it stopped working. I'm getting the following error: java:lang.illegalArgumentException:time:471893730

I've tried reinstalling (even using the .prc file noted above), reinstalled Java (now running v2.2.012) and I can't get past that error. Any ideas?
    Cingular Branded,,,er I mean Att branded Centro
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I tried this, but to me it seems simpler to use Sharklinks to create a link to Gmail on the web. You get a very fast optimized web interface, and then also you can view the regular HTML view if you want to manage emails in more detail. I created one for Gmail and one for Yahoo mail, and assigned them to the Mail key. I have my work mail forwarded to Yahoo so I can get to it in one button press faster than running Agendus Mail. If I need to respond in detail I'll then launch Agendus Mail. But for a quick look it works wonderfully.

I really do hope though that Google releases a real version like they have for Google Maps. For now the java version is just too buggy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I tried this, but to me it seems simpler to use Sharklinks to create a link to Gmail on the web. You get a very fast optimized web interface, and then also you can view the regular HTML view if you want to manage emails in more detail. I created one for Gmail and one for Yahoo mail, and assigned them to the Mail key. I have my work mail forwarded to Yahoo so I can get to it in one button press faster than running Agendus Mail. If I need to respond in detail I'll then launch Agendus Mail. But for a quick look it works wonderfully.

I really do hope though that Google releases a real version like they have for Google Maps. For now the java version is just too buggy for me.
    That's what I thought, and wondered what would be the difference in the program versus using SharkLinks?

I use SharkLinks for Google, or even have blazer set to launch google. If I want gmail (which I normally dont, cause there is more spam in gmail than others) I would just click the SharkLinks I created and it pops right up in the browser.

So yeah, why the app?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    That's what I thought, and wondered what would be the difference in the program versus using SharkLinks?

I use SharkLinks for Google, or even have blazer set to launch google. If I want gmail (which I normally dont, cause there is more spam in gmail than others) I would just click the SharkLinks I created and it pops right up in the browser.

So yeah, why the app?
    Well, I had the app on my SE cel phone and it was wonderful. You can star emails easily, manage all your folders, it really is a nice little app. But I'll wait until it is ready for Treos, right now it is definitely half baked at beat. The webpage loads very fast and with Sharklinks it is a one-button affair to get my email. That's about as easy as it comes.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Another benefit of the GMail app vs. VersaMail ... I use GMail Drive that allows me to read/write files to a virtual "drive" through Windows Explorer. It's great since I can share up to 2 GB worth of files between my home/office PCs. However, GMail Drive stores the files as archived e-mails in the inbox; VersaMail thinks those are new e-mails and tries to download them. If VersaMail had better filtering capabilities (i.e. filter BEFORE getting mail), then I'd use it for GMail.
    There's a new version of this gmail java app available at http://gmail.com/app.
    Supposedly it is faster, uses less data, and lets you view pics, word docs and pdf's.
    Seem to work pretty well. As before, you need ibm java vm installed.

Anyone know how to make it into a .prc with a nice icon like g-funkster did earlier in this thread?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sklinger View Post
    There's a new version of this gmail java app available at http://gmail.com/app.
    Supposedly it is faster, uses less data, and lets you view pics, word docs and pdf's.
    Seem to work pretty well. As before, you need ibm java vm installed.

Anyone know how to make it into a .prc with a nice icon like g-funkster did earlier in this thread?
    I've been searching around on the forums hoping for the same thing. Another bonus of having it in prc form is the ability to map a hardkey to it, which is essential to me because of how often I use it...
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I've created a PRC for the new Gmail. You'll need the gmail.prc and optionally, j9secpol.prc to get rid of the annoying airtime usage warnings.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks edoan, thats perfect.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast