Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PM me with your email addresss and I will send you the files I use. I have had no problems at all with it and it just runs. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Java absolutely will NOT install on my phone. I've installed it several times before on my old 650 & I followed the directions to a T, but it won't show up on my screen & Gmail doesn't detect it.

Stupid Java.
    I installed Java and gMail.prc on my 600. The application launches, but I get a "Certificate Error" after a minute or so of gMail "Loading...".

Will this app run on a 600? If so what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Brian
    first: I have the generic icon and not the gmail icon? can someone explain again what do to to get the gmail icon?

while this gmail app os much better than using gmail through blazer, to my disappointment, because I am getting rid of my blackberry, gmail on the blackberry is much better, for example when entering email addresses in the compose window it operates like autocomplete in windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I have Opera Mini installed and I can count the number of times I use it on one finger. Try it, some like and some do not. I have it just because.

Ben
    I use opera mini when I'm surfing sites with lots of graphics. It is far better and faster than Blazer for some sites.
    while this gmail app os much better than using gmail through blazer,

In what way is it better? I find the HTML version of gmail on Blazer easier to use since the check boxes mean that you can operate on many messages at the same time.
    What are the advantages of the java version?
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    its not optimized for treos... i dont see any benefit over checking email in blazer
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me how I would uninstall this. I have the Uninstall app but I don't see it under the list of applications. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Unless you have the PRC, you have to uninstall it from the IBM Java VM application, accessible from the icon on the launcher or from the Preferences.

Ben
    In the Compose Mail screen, how do you enter an email address into the To: field? I have the field highlighted, but it will not let me type one in there. If I tap on the To: field, it brings me to the Add Contact screen which does me no good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Here you go

http://tinyurl.com/uzudl

Don't forget to install the j9secpol.prc file from here to get rid of the annoying permission popup (if you hadn't installed it already).
    Anyone, I have been trying to use jar2prc to make a prc of the new version of java gmail v1.1.0

But I can not to it, can someone make a new prc file for the new version of gmail thats out (version 1.1.0) for the palm (650 or 700)

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I still dont see why everyone hates versamail I think it does a great job...
    VersaMail Rocks on my Sprint 700p.

The IBM Virtual Java VM (Or whatever they call it) works fine on my Sprint 700p.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by marky69 View Post
    Anyone, I have been trying to use jar2prc to make a prc of the new version of java gmail v1.1.0
    Any chance v.1.1.0 will work on a Treo600? Can someone post the new PRC file?
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Here's the 1.1.0 version. I don't know how to add the pretty GMail icon to it, but as long as you have the IBM JVM installed, the attached PRC should work (at least it does on my Sprint 700p).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tc600; 02/25/2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added note about 700p compatibility
    Thanks tc600, unfortunantly, it still does not work on my T600.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    funny v1.0 has the nice icon and version 1.1 does not.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    Here's the 1.1.0 version. I don't know how to add the pretty GMail icon to it, but as long as you have the IBM JVM installed, the attached PRC should work (at least it does on my Sprint 700p).
    Thanks but this prc is still a Java "Jmid" file. The Gmail version 1.0.0 that was made a few months ago is simulating a real prc application, and can be used as a button for favorites.

Your version does work but can not be seen as "Favorites" menu items and san not be asigned a spot in the Favorites menu...

perhaps some changes in the details/attributes ??? I dont know anthing about java->prc etc.....
    Here's the icon-ified version, same ID as the previous so it should overwrite the old one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Here's the icon-ified version, same ID as the previous so it should overwrite the old one.
    Thanks for the updated file!!! Works perfectly!!! Thanks again!!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Thank you works perfectly
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Im getting a "There was a problem communicating with the server. Please try logging in again. If you continue to experience this problem, please visit the Gmail FAQ on your computer to troubleshoot the problem". Is it really just a server issue, or is there something wrong with my treo? WM and gmail prc installed just fine.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast