Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Good lookin out.

Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Here you go

http://tinyurl.com/uzudl

Don't forget to install the j9secpol.prc file from here to get rid of the annoying permission popup (if you hadn't installed it already).
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    So you think it's safe on the 700P (Opera)??
    Quote Originally Posted by karlz View Post
    So you think it's safe on the 700P (Opera)??
    I would go with the beta from your Blazer browser:

beta.mini.opera.com
    GMail's working fine so far for me. I installed the 3 java files beforehand. Unless any instability ensues - I'm good. I've got a Blackberry for work email - and Gmail is my personal account. No installation or use of versamail. I'm trying to keep it stable...
    They're just tech Toys Folks, There IS a higher power.
    Here's a nice enhancement for Gmail mobile on our Treos. It lets you display it in high resolution.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...mini_high.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    mmm I just downloaded your stuff g-funkster but I'm getting the generic box icon not the Gmail Icon....What did I do wrong?
    hmm I don't know. The icon is only there for large icon view (as the screenshot of the launcher shows), it should show the generic icon if seen via the list view.

If not, I would uninstall the jad version from the IBM midlet manager and then install the prc.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    yep that fixed it thanks. Now if only there were keys that mapped to the back and menu button
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr_atl View Post
    yep that fixed it thanks. Now if only there were keys that mapped to the back and menu button
    Heh! I hear ya. I use the 700wx and it maps the two buttons to the 2 soft-keys under the screen, I love that
    does the gmail prc push mail to ur phone? and alert u everytime u get an email, or is it just another versamail?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr_atl View Post
    mmm I just downloaded your stuff g-funkster but I'm getting the generic box icon not the Gmail Icon....What did I do wrong?
    I had the little box when i installed the jad. I uninstalled it and installed the PRC and now I have the GMail Icon and it works better too
    I got Gmail mobile app working on my Treo 700p with the help of this link:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...64&topic=10070
    I have multiple gmail accounts... i cant seem to set this program up to either 1 let me download multiple copies to check each one... or 2 i cant change which account I would like to look at in the one gmail program. Has anyone else figured out a way have a work around for this. Before anyone says pop the accounts. I have never been able to get either snapper or versamail to accurately get my messages. I know I have them set up right because I always download the same old messages. Nothing new. Thanks...
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbradl View Post
    I got Gmail mobile app working on my Treo 700p with the help of this link:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...64&topic=10070
    I have installed according to the instructions and get pass the signin page and then it says LOADING for some seconds and I get the following error:

This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength. I am connected to the internet. Any ideas? I am using GSM unlocked. Download says USA/Canada. Might that be related?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I like Opera Mini - a lot. What other good apps are there that need JAVA now that I installed it?

Is there any way to make Opera Mini the default browser? Preferences doesn't see it
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Does the app support Google domain hosted mail or is it strictly only for "gMail" accounts? I have 3 domains hosted thru Google with their domain hosted beta, would be nice to have an alternative to check mail vs. Versamail via POP3...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    no, this app is just for gmail. I wish it would let you use more than 1 gmail account - I have several
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    But how is different from Versamail, does it push the email? how is it different from a regular HTTP access? THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielMd View Post
    But how is different from Versamail, does it push the email? how is it different from a regular HTTP access? THANKS!
    It's different from Versamail because its specifically made for GMail. It's almost as if you were accessing it on your desktop; you can search your mail, find contacts, archive messages, etc. I find that it has a couple nifty features that you can't get from accessing m.gmail.com, and it seems to be decently fast. No, it does not push the e-mail; Java apps can't run in the background like Chattermail does.

Karlz, no, you can't set Java apps as defaults for anything.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but Java absolutely will NOT install on my phone. I've installed it several times before on my old 650 & I followed the directions to a T, but it won't show up on my screen & Gmail doesn't detect it.

Stupid Java.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast