1.    #1  
    If anyone has successfully installed the new GMail app on a 700p, I'd be grateful to read how you did it. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by guterman View Post
    If anyone has successfully installed the new GMail app on a 700p, I'd be grateful to read how you did it. Thank you.
    Make sure you have the Java App downloaded from palm.com, then it should load correctly..
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I get a message, "Sorry your browser does not support iframes." Do i ned to use a Java browser (opera, etc.)? I am using Blazer now.
    Laissez Faire
    What's the new Gmail app?
    Nothing special, just a better web version. It uses the J9 platform. It doesn't interract with poutlook at all so you still have to bring up the app and go through a couple menus to get to your mail.

It seems that mail2web is still the better route.
    When you click on it to download click on save and launch! I find it easyer to install

it works fine on mine I have a Treo 700P from sprint
    Try downloading it again - the problem may have been fixed. Now the question is how to delete it. Ben
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guterman View Post
    I couldn't get the http://gmail.com/app to get me to the download page, so I finally found a direct link from Lifehacker. If you have Java installed already, then use this link directly from Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Try downloading it again - the problem may have been fixed. Now the question is how to delete it. Ben
    You can delete the midlet by going into IBM Java VM, highlighting Gmail and then going to Menu, Delete.
    I am there and do not see the Delete option. Darn. Ben
    Because I hate looking at all that mail and wondering if I all ready it, I have Gmail set to delete mail that has all ready been POP'd. The application is worth looking further into. I still cannot delete it though.

Ben
    Finally got it to work using TC600's link. Thanks. Unfortunately, I find that it is not as good as using the HTML version directly. That has check boxes to make deleting more than one message easy. With the Java version it takes several clicks to delete an unread message.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Make sure you have the Java App downloaded from palm.com, then it should load correctly..
    Where the hell is this app buried on the crappy Palm site?
    Please! thanks....

here's the site: http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/download.html
    Last edited by rinkeedink; 11/03/2006 at 08:29 AM. Reason: found website