Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    The new Mobile Gmail application for the Treo is terrific. Using this program (Java required) makes Gmail easier to use than through the web.

There's an article about Mobile Gmail on Znet today: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6...=zdfd.newsfeed You can download the application directly to your Treo.

Does anyone have any good tips for making Mobile Gmail work better, faster, and all that stuff? I've already discovered that since the 5-way rocker doesn't seem to work with Mobile Gmail (a Java thing?), memorizing the shortcut keys for Mobile Gmail is a good idea.
    Will this work on the 650? On my 650 I went to gmail.com/app (via Blazer) & it showed to dowload file for the 650. When I tried to, it said not valid file type & asked to "save to card" to which I said yes. (it's a "jad" file?) When I go to look for it on my card, I can't find it - but discover it thru FileZ mgr that I have, under Blazer-downloads .. doesn't look like I can launch it or do anything with it though? I normally check get my gmail using Versamail. Is this new program any better, if I can even use it?

thx!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Julie,

I'm using it on my Treo 650 and it works fine. I think that there are some other threads on using Java. FWIW, I use Cingular on an unlocked GSM Treo 650.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    Will this work on the 650? On my 650 I went to gmail.com/app (via Blazer) & it showed to dowload file for the 650. When I tried to, it said not valid file type & asked to "save to card" to which I said yes. (it's a "jad" file?) When I go to look for it on my card, I can't find it - but discover it thru FileZ mgr that I have, under Blazer-downloads .. doesn't look like I can launch it or do anything with it though? I normally check get my gmail using Versamail. Is this new program any better, if I can even use it?

thx!
    Cool App! Hey, is anyone having problems viewing picture attachments? I just tried to view a pic attached to an email and for some reason i received a strange msg "This program requires a working data connection. Please check your signal strength" . I have full signal strength and a working data connection or i wouldn"t have been able to download the email! This is on Sprint.
    FYI: just found some helpful info here: http://groups.google.com/group/gmail...f57d6a50842c36

it will give you a link to go get the JAVA app you need and then you can go & follow the directions to add G-mobile Just worked for me.

1 Question - it talks about using air time. This is data usage time it uses - correct? Same data usage you'd use using Versamail or Blazer, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
    FYI: just found some helpful info here: http://groups.google.com/group/gmail...f57d6a50842c36

it will give you a link to go get the JAVA app you need and then you can go & follow the directions to add G-mobile Just worked for me.

1 Question - it talks about using air time. This is data usage time it uses - correct? Same data usage you'd use using Versamail or Blazer, etc.
    Yup, same data usage as other internet enabled applications.
    I want to try it out, but have to get the Java and can only sync up at home.

I hope it works well.
    The question now is how does one delete it? Ben