1.    #1  
    I bought this program from Palm and am very disappointed with its performance (or lack thereof). Voice dialing was a feature I used in my LG cellphone all the time for the last two years, and it works really well; Voice Dial seems to work the same way, but it's pretty much useless.

It doesn't help that all my contacts got imported as Cell, Barbara instead of Barbara cell. But I can deal with that; I can't deal with saying "call home" and getting "did you say San Francisco Hilton?"

(I wouldn't mind if it got me Paris Hilton, but I don't live in San Francisco, let alone the Hilton.)
    Nothing gives you 100% accuracy in the world of voice dialing. My Nextel, a high end phone, hits about 85% of the time and in an environment with a lot of noise, it is even lower.

As for Paris Hilton, you can probably do better.

Ben
    My voice dial by voice signal wasn't working up to my expectations. Maybe 60% or so.
    I sat down and did about 30 or 40 lookup name and at some point the acuracy became 90 to 95 % and it continues to work great.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    When I was evaluating voice dial software, it never once mixed up who I wanted to call.
    I just didn't purchase it because you can't use it via BT.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy View Post
    My voice dial by voice signal wasn't working up to my expectations. Maybe 60% or so.
    I sat down and did about 30 or 40 lookup name and at some point the acuracy became 90 to 95 % and it continues to work great.
    I tried all the available software around with my 650 and then bought VoiceSignal within 2 days of trying it. I get close to 100% accuracy. I did clean up my address book, which made things a lot easier and gave the software more of a fighting chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    When I was evaluating voice dial software, it never once mixed up who I wanted to call.
    I just didn't purchase it because you can't use it via BT.
    Did you find any voice dialing solutions that work over BT? I think my Motorola HS850 might be able to handle it, but I haven't had any luck researching software, and assumed the Sprint monthly paid service wouldn't work.
    DLPanther
    "When All Else Fails, Improvise!"
    Quote Originally Posted by DLPanther View Post
    Did you find any voice dialing solutions that work over BT? I think my Motorola HS850 might be able to handle it, but I haven't had any luck researching software, and assumed the Sprint monthly paid service wouldn't work.
    From what I understand nothing will allow voice dial via BT on the 700P due to palms implementation of BT.
    I don't know how accurate that is but it's what I've read.

It worked fine with the regular headset.
    I read on VoiceSignal's web-site that it supports up to 3000 contacts.

Also.. in the FAQ it says that Palm is still working on making Voicedial work with Bluetooth. I had given up hope. Maybe by 2008?
    The Palm OS does not support a Bluetooth voice implimentation. If you want to do Bluetooth then you need a Bluetooth dongle such as the A210 from Jabra. Ben
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone.

And Ben, I agree entirely about Paris Hilton - she's not my fantasy either - but it wouldn't make sense to say "I wouldn't mind if it got me Shania Twain instead of San Francisco Hilton."