Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    i guess i must be one of the lucky ones thats been with sprint for over 8 years never had a problem and my 700p is pretty stable even after loading it up with a sh@tload of apps, honestly i think sprint has the best prices hands down for plans, even if my 700 sucked a$$ i wouldnt switch just because of the plans they offer.
    i agree on the prices
    i negotiated some pretty good deals when i got two 700ps in may and re-upped my 2 year contract. i've tipped the scales though now. will pay more for a working, stable device/company.

problem is, i doubt that exists.

at least i kept my landline
    - ag47
    agnok47...I read a thread here at one point where someone put a different phone on their plan (switched ESN) which gave them 30 days to add insurance. They added the full $6 insurance and then switched their Treo back onto the account (switched ESN back) which retained the full $6 insurance. I don't know if this will work, but it may be worth a try if you have an old Sprint phone around.

I believe what you are saying about them adding the wrong insurance. They told me on 2 separate calls that I had insurance and it wasn't until I spoke to the 3rd call (retentions) that I actually got it added correctly.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by agnok47 View Post
    they put me on the $3 insurance withouth my knowledge.
    i requested the full one.
    the rep made no mention of a useless "partial" insurance.

i'm still hating

thanks for all the suggestions. the problem now is time. going to several different stores and haggling sprint on the phone 10 - 30 times isn't a great option

plan:

trial blackberry pearl to see if i can live without palm. i'm drooling over the idea of again owning a phone that doesn't crash. how sad is that?

wait for

- blackberry 8800
    - possible iphone
    - HTC S620
    - bberry pearl on UMTS/HSDPA

Honestly, call retentions and complain that the lady didn't give you the right coverage. Most of the reps I've talked to in CS can't speak english anyways so just tell them she didn't example it clearly or that you couldn't understand her. They will upgrade you to the $6 one and then you should have no problem when you go into the store. I'm sorry your phone sucks but I've had mine since May and it has be almost perfect.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I don't even have time to get into the whole thing, but I've spent 45 minutes being told by sprint, essentially, that they screwed me big time and aren't going to do anything about it.

here's the short advice

DO NOT get the Treo700p. It is a pile of poo. I hate this phone so much it hurts my head. Both phones on my account are the buggiest POS's I've ever owned, and apparently, Sprint won't do anything about it. There's no firmware update, and I can't get them to replace the phones.

when you buy a phone from a cell company, and you ask for "total equipment replacement" on the phone, make sure 1) that they actually add it to both phones and 2) that it's a useful equipment replacement. Don't be fooled by the fact that the word "total" is in the title. It turns out in my case that "total" meant "we will totally NOT replace your ish if anything bad happens to it, but we'll still charge you a monthly fee for the meaningless coverage anyway."

the only solution is to have infinite problem solving time and be ridiculously wealthy.

I'm told it will cost $200 per phone to terminate my account with Sprint

any techie, telecom-y people out there with time want to help out? Here's what I need.

monthly budget = $175 - $200
    two phones
    smartphones preferably. WITH cameras
    unlimited data/web access
    unlimited text messaging
    unlimited in network calling
    nights and weekends at 7pm
    obviously i'll pay for the phones

i can't take the 700p anymore, and now i'm on my own in replacing it. sprint will not do it. i may be ready to leave both the palm and treo lines. the palmos is probably dead anyway. i just don't know. i am seriously down about this entire situation.

is there a future treo or blackberry I should wait for?
    is there one I should try for 30 days?

if someone can swing this scenario, I will give you one month's bill as a fee once my billing is confirmed. if you can get the contract termination fee covered, I'll give you 25%. that's $100. I'm serious. this is some bull****, and I don't have time to go to law school and take the friggin bar exam just to deal with a ****ty cell phone company.

NONE OF THIS NEW TECHNOLOGY WORKS! THEY ARE BETA TESTING ON US!!

finally, if you manage to stab sprintpcs in the eye, I will kiss you, and I'm a good kisser.

holla. pass along. whatever.

i need help.
    Have you tried http://www.celltradeusa.com?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Have you tried this website? www.IDon'tUnderstandTheTreoSoIHateIt.com? It's been very helpful to me.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Have you tried this website? www.IDon'tUnderstandTheTreoSoIHateIt.com? It's been very helpful to me.
    Wow. Well, here we go again.

If someone is having problems, then it must mean that they don't understand how to use it. It couldn't possibly mean that the device is junk, right?

Fanboy quote of the year, folks.

Great point. Thanks for adding so much to this post.
    Out...
  7.    #27  

akula34, you are an a-hole.

I've read over your other posts, and you repeatedly deny the experience of others with this phone. You're either completely full of s--t or you work for Palm. I've been working palm devices since 1998, so STFU with your snide remarks. Seriously, I posted here for help, not your b.s.

I've spoken with folks inside the wireless industry who report record-setting return rates for the 700p.

I know how to use a device, and I know how to test and isolate problems. I have one 700p with NO 3rd party software and one with. Both experience a ridiculous number of resets mid-call and during data connections.

Or wait, maybe you're right. Maybe I "just don't understand" that when the phone crashes as I answer a call, that's its way of protecting me from an annoying caller... a caller who's probably a lot like you.

(apologies to others for the masked profanity, but this poster is a real d--k).
    - ag47
    agnok47, can you share the return rates your friends in the wireless industry mentioned? I am curious as it would be interesting to see some numbers from people with experience like that.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    agnok47, can you share the return rates your friends in the wireless industry mentioned? I am curious as it would be interesting to see some numbers from people with experience like that.
    this person said the return rates were over 20 percent. i have not been able to independently verify, and I don't know what time period the number refers to.

BTW, I spent about two hours on a long drive today calling various retention reps. The best offer so far was for them to give me Palm's phone number and get Palm to replace my wacked out 700p's. The office was closed. I'll try tomorrow.

Also, I bought a Blackberry Pearl today and will be testing for the next two weeks. I can't believe how LIGHT the thing is though. Man. And that Suretype isn't as crappy as I feared. Time to see how the PIM apps work out and syncing with the mac.
    - ag47
    Sprint . . .. I can't quit you !
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    this person said the return rates were over 20 percent. i have not been able to independently verify, and I don't know what time period the number refers to.

BTW, I spent about two hours on a long drive today calling various retention reps. The best offer so far was for them to give me Palm's phone number and get Palm to replace my wacked out 700p's. The office was closed. I'll try tomorrow.

Also, I bought a Blackberry Pearl today and will be testing for the next two weeks. I can't believe how LIGHT the thing is though. Man. And that Suretype isn't as crappy as I feared. Time to see how the PIM apps work out and syncing with the mac.
    Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. Your rantings and ravings have been starting to get on my nerves. Your tact is severely lacking and it's not surprising that Sprint has not been willing to work with you. I bet you call up Sprint Customer Care and yell at the poor customer care rep (guy or girl) when it's not even their fault. Try patience and tact and see where that gets you.

You don't like the phone. Fine. Are some people having problems? Absolutely. Do you have a right to tell people who don't have problems they are liars? Absolutely NOT!!

Read my posts. You'll find a post with DETAILED information about my configuration on my 700p. I have TONS of 3rd party software and have very few problems.

Enjoy your BlackBerry. I hope it works out for you. You contribute nothing useful to these forums besides vitriolic spam. I read through your posts and you do not answer questions from users, you merely complain at any opportunity. Please go find a BlackBerry forum and bother them.

One final suggestion.... Get rid of Causserie and see if that fixes your problems. It's not been fully updated to work with the 700p. Common complaints... resets and improper handling of incoming calls and SMS.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Well, I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. Your rantings and ravings have been starting to get on my nerves. Your tact is severely lacking and it's not surprising that Sprint has not been willing to work with you. I bet you call up Sprint Customer Care and yell at the poor customer care rep (guy or girl) when it's not even their fault. Try patience and tact and see where that gets you.

You don't like the phone. Fine. Are some people having problems? Absolutely. Do you have a right to tell people who don't have problems they are liars? Absolutely NOT!!

Read my posts. You'll find a post with DETAILED information about my configuration on my 700p. I have TONS of 3rd party software and have very few problems.

Enjoy your BlackBerry. I hope it works out for you. You contribute nothing useful to these forums besides vitriolic spam. I read through your posts and you do not answer questions from users, you merely complain at any opportunity. Please go find a BlackBerry forum and bother them.

One final suggestion.... Get rid of Causserie and see if that fixes your problems. It's not been fully updated to work with the 700p. Common complaints... resets and improper handling of incoming calls and SMS.
    Another fine, upstanding post.

My favorite line is "You contribute nothing use to these forums besides vitriolic spam." Absolutely classic.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.
    Out...
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofgoo View Post
    Another fine, upstanding post.

My favorite line is "You contribute nothing use to these forums besides vitriolic spam." Absolutely classic.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.
    So I guess that makes you the stirrer of the pot....
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So I guess that makes you the stirrer of the pot....

Does anybody understand this Navy wannabe?
    Out...
    Is there any way of increasing the size of the buffer space on Kinoma 4?
    Pillottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by toofgoo View Post

Does anybody understand this Navy wannabe?
    He seems to be a seamen expert.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

lol
    Both local Sprint stores I've been to say that the 700p is outselling the wx by a large margin. Return rates are much less than the 650.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I'm ending my first week of trialing the 700P and so far it's worked fine. I'm fascinated with being able to do relatively speedy browsing on my Sony T350 through a Bluetooth connection with the Treo. (Although it's a bummer that it can't fetch mail while I'm surfing. I wish it could suspend or interrupt as it does with a phone call, and then resume. I understand the difference, but there should be a software solution, no? ) But this thread is unnerving. In my experience to date with Treos, BBs, and WM samples, a bad device is bad from day one --although it may take a few more to recognize or accept you have a bad issue. A friend returned two 700Ps in the spring, backed off for the summer, and came this fall to get a keeper. Why don't folks just return devices within the relatively generous 30-day trial? T-Mobile where I've been for five years only gives 2 weeks. Do people tolerate these devices for 30 days and then get fed up on the 31st day, or are devices going bad after the trial period? The latter is what would especially concern me. Maybe I should switch to an 8703 trial now...
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Man! LOL! Some of you guys need to grow the hell up! And that doesn't just include the FanBoyz, Convertz or just plain arse Lamerz in general.

As a 700p user with a working phone that cost only $95 and a great Sprint plan to boot. I totally can't relate to any ill will toward Sprint or Palm. But I will say that any time I have had trouble with Sprint it only took a call to retentions to iron out the issue. I have been on the Sprint network since '97 and have never had issues like some of you guys.

Sorry you are having so much trouble with your phone agnok47.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast