1.    #1  
    I want a leather case and want the thinnest with no belt clip. I'd prefer not to slip the treo in and out all the time. can you use the camera with the case on (I can't find a photo of the case back)? also, can you fold the cover behind the phone or does it just have to hang?

I'm not against a top fold, but the same questions apply.

Otherwise I'll just get a thin slip in and only use it if the treo isn't in a clean shirt pocket.
    You should probably post this in the accessories section
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    The Sena flip is designed so you can use the camera while the case is on. You can search and find a lot of pics posted from when these first came out (also there's a pic in the link to the leather skin case that shows the back). The cover can be folded behind the Treo, but it doesn't fold flat back against it. I'm guessing you want the screen covered otherwise I'd suggest either the Sena leather skin or the new Seidio rubberized case. Both very low profile and both allow camera use. Just add a crystal screen protector.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=39
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--850.htm

(yes, probably should be in "accessories" )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    You should probably post this in the accessories section
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousSource View Post
    <snip>

(yes, probably should be in "accessories" )
    Yep. It's there too!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127815
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. I find that with the 700p, people tend to post more specifically to the model (the sprint guys said the shape was slightly different).

I did order the Boxwave screen protector, but the only 2 ways my phone would live are 1) gently in my shirt pocket without other garbage (except a pen at work)...and here all I would need is the screen protector anyway...

or 2) anywhere else. ie my pants pocket, backpack, briefcase. Here I wasnt sure the screen film was enough. Yeah it stops scratches, but I'd be worried about pressure injury to the LCD screen (happened on my 600, Sprint said not covered by plan).

I have the old 600 slip-in case, it would do fine, but its kind of thick for a pant pocket (...now if were the proper shape that may be a good thing in a bar or at a party).

I dont even see where the cases that cover everything except the screen are even needed (except for looks). If I went that way, the link to the Seido rubberized one looked best, but I've read threads here (or in other forums) that say "skin" covers stretch and become loose. Would you trust the Seido/Boxwave combo in a front pant pocket (without other objects)?

So is it really worth "protecting" the rest of the 700 with that type plus the Boxwave?

If the Senna flip was easy to use, I know it would protect the screen better from trauma, but I wonder if I'd get tired of the hassle and never use it. The good looks of it would make some hassle worth it.

Last option is just replace the old big ugly slip in with one of the slim nice leather ones (which also stands a chance of not being used.

I think I'm down to the Senna flip or the Seido rubberized and then my old slip-in for really rough use.

I wish there was a local store to look at them, but I've tried everywhere. Maybe I should just buy both and return one and just suck up the shipping.

...this would be a pain if it wasn't so much fun getting this thing just like I want it!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    You're right about the screen protector not saving the treo from any pressure damage. Was the damage to the 600 recent? From what I understood the latest "Total Protection Plan" from Sprint would cover any damage or loss.

I have the Sena magnet flip along with the Sena leather skin (and a Nutshell, and a Vaja, and the Palm hard case, and 1 or 2 others). Just got the rubberized case and it's my case of choice right now. It's not a slide in type that stretches but actually two pieces that sandwich the treo. With the rubberized case to protect the housing from damage and the Boxwave on the screen I've had no issues carrying it in my front pocket. I did the same with the Sena leather skin as well.

I will use the Sena magnet flipper sometimes, and it is a great case, but I found the constant flipping of the cover and the dangling when in use was getting slightly annoying. That and the rubberized case fits in my car holder where the Sena didn't.

Unfortunately I haven't seen and B&M stores that had good Treo cases so I guess if you're unsure then ordering both would be the way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  7.    #7  
    Is your rubberized case the new Seido one everyone seems to think is good?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  9.    #9  
    I just ordered it. Thanks

BTW, is it a hassle to take on and off...or can I just drill my own "custom reset hole" for which they charge $10?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I haven't needed to take it on and off yet. Went on very easily though.
    You can drill a hole in the stock battery cover if you don't want to buy the Seidio cover. I haven't done either. When I want to reset I use Hi-Launcher. Zlauncher has this option as well and there are some other PRC's out there that are written just to reset the Treo (insert joke about incompatible software here ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  11.    #11  
    Hey Anon' I installed the case...really looks and feels good. Does it just snap on? It seemed to fit nicely, then it fell 3' from my shirt pocket to a carpet floor and came off (I assumed it acts like a crush zone in a car, absorbing some of the shock), and I did get it back on OK, but it took several tries to get it to snap right.

I looked carefully at it, and there were no obvious broken pieces...I think it just has a "best order of snapping".

Seems OK now, but any tips (other than dont drop it)?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Glad you like it. Yes, it just snaps on. I found it's usually easier to starting locking the tops first then working toward the bottom. It can still take more than one attempt to get it to fit on correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]