Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have both the 700p and 700wx. I use the p, and the wife the wx. I'm trying to make the dail pad on the 700p function like that on the 700wx. On the wx, you can hear the familiar telephone key tones as you touch in your number on the screen. On the 700p, I can faintly hear the same, however those tones are coming through the earpiece,... not the rear speaker-phone speaker. After sifting through the the main system prefs and every other preference menu I could find, I am unable to find where to adjust the volume of these tones OR how to direct these tones fromo the ear piece, (where they are abolutely useless) and to the rear speaker. On the 700wx, each touch on the dail pad produces these tones clearly and loudly.

For me, hearing these tones as I dail helps in some way. Maybe it's in my head.

Thanks
    It's the same on the 650...barely audible. They were louder on the 600.

No way to change the volume of the tones
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Geez,... I was hoping I was missing something. Why Palm would hardwire the tones coming out of the ear piece is beyond me,... totally useless and senseless. Believe it or not, for me it offers some feedback when I'm rapidly punchin' phone numbers on the screen with my thumb. Gives me a clues as to whether I've punched a wrong #. Unlike with the 700wx, the 700p forces me to carefully look before hitting the dail key. Oh well!!
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    get techsounds. It allows you to customize any sound on your treo
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    get techsounds. It allows you to customize any sound on your treo
    I don't think that's going to help for this one unfortunately.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I don't think that's going to help for this one unfortunately.

Why? Won't it let you determine the volume of system sounds, like key pad clicks, systm alerts and such, along with what speaker those sound are directed to?

Man,... what I'm seeking to do is so elementary when it comes to an OS, and the Windows version of the 700 series currently handles this quite well. Like the 'one minute' beep you hear during a call. On the wx, you can enable or disable it, adjust the volume of it, AND direct it to the ear piece and/or external speaker.

Can you send a link to this app so I can check it out? Thanks!