1.    #1  
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/

It's too bad they won't do a palm OS version. So that's what they say on the FAQ page. Are there any ways to make it work? I haven't checked into that, and don't know, but the browser does look really neat.

I do like the work being done on Universe 3 http://www.wapuniverse.com/

I'm just hoping for a better browser soon. I used to use blazer, but then decided to try Opera again on the 700p, and I seem to like it much better. Seems to be faster, loads quicker, etc. Only problem is that i'm not sure when typing in text how to bring up the keyboard.

Anyway, just thought i'd say what a waste it is they can't do minimo for Palm OS. And if it's possible, people who know how should look into seeing if it can be done. I just wish we had a better browser. I'm anxiously awaiting Universe 3 though which may just beat them all.

Damn WM OS.
    I had minomo on my dell axim ppc and its not that great a browser, ithe browser to get working successfully on the palm os would be netfront, it's simply the best browser I have ever used on any mobile platform. I tried the hacked version on my treo700 but only got it to work once after many, many crashes.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I would have to agree, minimo is a resource hog as it's almost entirely VM based. It's a rather poor design for a mobile browser, but powerful in it's abilities. The problem is web browsers for desktop computers have come such a long ways in new abilities lately that the portable code bases for handsets have become more lacking. It'll catch up, it might just take some time.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I would use opera if it supported the 5 way better. I hate breaking out the stylus. I just stick with blazer
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
    I would have to agree, minimo is a resource hog as it's almost entirely VM based. It's a rather poor design for a mobile browser, but powerful in it's abilities. The problem is web browsers for desktop computers have come such a long ways in new abilities lately that the portable code bases for handsets have become more lacking. It'll catch up, it might just take some time.
    I'm sure that's where we are going to run into problems. The more goodies we want, the more resources it takes up. Supposedly the Universe 3 doesn't need VM so I read.

And the 5 way on Opera is kind of screwy. I'd like for it to just scroll, but it highlights every link, then I have to get out the stylus.

It's like we have to have 3 browser to get what we want. I still use Xiino as well. Of course, it doesn't look like they are doing any more with it, so the one released in Dec 05 seems to be the last update.

I do hope we get a REAL decent one soon. That's my biggest complaint is, on some of the software. I use Opera cause it loads so much quicker, and is quicker. I use Xiino for spead, sometimes I use Blazer for the book marks, etc etc. Just all too much really.

I'm sure in time though, someone will do a great job, and make lots of money too. Prob you Shadow