1.    #1  
    Hey I am looking for an Alternate SMS app for the Treo650, one that allows users by email ie root@box1 - root@box200.domain, i would like to set up groups and beable to customize the notification. I tried doing this by adding 200 some odd contacts and specifying the group and setting ringo, but it doesnt work. I have searched google and havent found any other options.

-s
    I have never seen a third party SMS management program - probably due to carrier's unwillingness to provide third party coders with direct access to the SMS network...my guess is that the way things are currently constructed any third party app would/could access the SMS database once the messages are on your phone, but to process actual messages it would need to go through the built in, carrier approved software program. And if that program isn't written to readily accept a plug-in, it takes all the fun out of writing a program. But that's just a hunch...
    It is not a "replacement" SMS app but front-ends the existing SMS app to provide distribution list capability. You can mix/match email addresses with phone numbers.

I use it all the time to either send the same message to a group of people or a message to one person at every known email/SMS.

The only *problem* is that it sends an SMS to each address (ie: 1 message sent to 10 email or phone numbers would be 10 messages). This is both time consuming (for larger lists) and potentially expensive if you pay by the SMS.

It is, however, quite handy
    I don't use sms, so I have no idea if they work, but funSMS4 or funSMS5 may be worth looking into (niether are free, however).
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtan View Post
    I don't use sms, so I have no idea if they work, but funSMS4 or funSMS5 may be worth looking into (niether are free, however).

or try www.maxTEXT.com for the Treo 600 + 650