1.    #1  
    I know this is really a multimedia thing, but since it is such a big deal:

Kinoma Version 4 is out!:

http://www.kinoma.com/index/products

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1116774
    Last edited by the Jones; 10/31/2006 at 09:40 PM.
    Or Core Player, which is generally better liked and plays more media types I believe.
    Not streaming windows media.

Can someone check if this version of Kinoma will allow streaming from Orb Networks?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    "Kinoma Player 4 EX is built on an alphabet soup of industry standards including MPEG-4, 3GPP, RTSP, HTTP, MP3, RSS, OPML, Windows Media, and AAC."

It streams windows media.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Or Core Player, which is generally better liked and plays more media types I believe.
    At this point in time coreplayer has very poor streaming support built in. I like coreplayer, but atm, kinoma is better.
    Their website says that Kinoma plays "Flash Video". Do they mean it plays .swf files or somehow just plays .flv format?
    Can you stream in the background with this? No demo?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I can confirm that it does work with Orb, finally!
    Is there a free trial of this? I want to try it first before I buy...
    I bit the bullet ($20) to get my SprintPCS T650 to access my home Orb server with the newest Kinoma and it works great. I had to decrease my device speed in orb's settings (under tools on the web page) to 100K (blazer's caching made it think it should be 100000 K!!!)

What limits in bandwidth have others found for streaming video on Sprint (or other) 1G data networks? I see in the 700p threads people getting up to 220K on EVDO...
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    Is there a free trial of this? I want to try it first before I buy...
    At Palminfocenter they said that the number of codecs in this application made it impossible for them to release a trial version.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Why can't they do a limited 30 day trial because of the codecs? Couldn't it just be set to turn off or force a serial key/code?

Just curious. I'd like to try before buy also.
    Not offering a trial version is pure BS.
    Unfortunately due to licensing restrictions we are not able to offer a trial version. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase you can request a refund.

You can take advantage of the Opening Day discount on our home page www.kinoma.com by scrolling down to the HotDeals link.

Regards,

Kinoma Support
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I tried the Kinoma 4EX player, but took it off my Treo. Every time I launched the player it scanned my 2gb SD card for songs, and I got tired (and a bit annoyed) at having to wait for the scan to be completed before I could use the program.
    How consistent is streaming over a 1xrtt sprint connection? I would consider the 700 users to be quite lucky!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you are able to stream the following thread thru Kinoma 4EX player. I would hate to by it and not be able to stream. Thanks in advance.

www.streamaudio.com/stations/asx/knbr_am.asx
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Sorry, but I meant to know if you could stream using treo 650.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i had to turn down the download rate and stream it in a real format, but it found kinoma all by itself and i watched a movie on my orb computer. i'm still waiting for my cable info to update to see if i can get tv streaming. this might be the coolest release ever for the 650
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Mfdavis ... Yes
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."