Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    this is probably old news but I noticed that the 680 was up on palms uk site but not on the US site. whats up with that .... check it out here http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...nes/index.html. Why is the uk getting all the new treos before us ??? sorry just had to vent.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsaa View Post
    this is probably old news but I noticed that the 680 was up on palms uk site but not on the US site. whats up with that .... check it out here http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...nes/index.html. Why is the uk getting all the new treos before us ??? sorry just had to vent.

Check Palm's US site. The 680 has been on the home page (in rotation) since 10/12. As with the UK site, there's an option to sign up to be notified once the device becomes available.
    They took it down from the US site!! WTF!!!

http://www.palm.com/us/
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ^^^It's there for me now, although I went there a few days ago and it wasn't on the main page, but I found it buried elsewhere on the site. I'm not sure what they are doing.
    The index page can still be found if you didn't clear your cookies, but still to take a new phone off the front page...

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...680/index.html

Maybe they are rotating the front page, but I think they should just leave it permanently. At least put a "coming soon" blip.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm getting it again on Palm's front page. They must have been changing something.

Paranoia abounds! Take deep breaths, the sky is not falling....

Are the companies you guys work for as perfect as you would have Palm be? Mine certainly isn't.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Palm has a habit of jerking people around too much about the release of products. Maybe that's why people got worried.

The Palm US site rotates between the 680, 700P and the 700w/wx. Go to the page and refresh the page.
    Dennis G. Esler
    I don't think it is "jerking people around". Did they announce a date yet? After how many treos are people still worried and concerned when some unnanounced thing does not happen on the rumored date everyone agrees on?

Some companies are better. Some are worse. Some do better with inferior products, some do worse with superior ones. If Palm hasn't changed their ways at this point after years of listening to everyone here complain (or maybe not even paying attention?) then there is little chance of them suddenly coming up with a new strategy on communication.

It isn't even entertaining anymore which is why I responded. (I know you don't think that makes sense, but it does to me.)
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Cingular announced November 5 in a memo. But you also have to take Cingular with a grain of salt. They also said the 8525 would be ready by the 29th!

Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    The Palm US site rotates between the 680, 700P and the 700w/wx. Go to the page and refresh the page.
    Funny but for about a week and a half, I never got any page but the 680.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cingular announced November 5 in a memo. But you also have to take Cingular with a grain of salt. They also said the 8525 would be ready by the 29th!
    I was talking about Palm, not Cingular.

But regarding Cingular. Who were the recipients of the memo? Was that an internal memo or something sent out for public consumption?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Yes, I read the above. My question was a loaded one. My point was that this was part of a marketing "presentation". Has anything been put out for public consumption?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    So if its up on the US page why isnt the 750 I heard they would be released within weeks of each other?? Man I really dont care to much about the 680 but I sure cant wait to get the 750 without having spending like $700.
    I guess I was right. "internal marketing presentation". Surprise! They didn't announce anything. Now people are disappointed because something is being delivered later than the made up date it was supposed to be released on. duh.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Now they say the 20th. I'm not disappointed because this gives an excuse to buy another Nokia . Or that SE W810i I've been eyeing as a fun phone.

I was actually waiting for the 750, 6925, or 8525 more though. I don't really know if I can use Palm OS anymore. But Cingular up releasing those too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Now they say the 20th. I'm not disappointed because this gives an excuse to buy another Nokia . Or that SE W810i I've been eyeing as a fun phone.

I was actually waiting for the 750, 6925, or 8525 more though. I don't really know if I can use Palm OS anymore. But Cingular up releasing those too!
    lol... WHO says the 20th? The same "internal" presentation people? or is it someone's cingular store rep?

The fact is that Cingular has NOT announced a date. The only thing that has happened is that Palm announced a product. Not many companies actually announce a date that they will announce a product. lol

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Turn off your cell phones first.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Cingular put the HP 6925 on the Business site. I consider that an announcement that it's available for sale. So where's the consumer release?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast