Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I bet a bunch of Treo 680 shipments got delayed and Cingular is waiting for all the stores to have the phone before they release.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128009
    How many theories have we come up with?
    stI08,

I find it kind of odd that the Palm Store's do not have them yet and are not expecting them until mid December per the Palm Store in NY @ JFK. I was kind of frustrated when they said mid December. I would have been more excited if they said they sold out in the first day and they were waiting for more.... LOL.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    My theory: Cingular has problems releasing phones on time. They have not gotten quite a few out on time, not just the 680. The HP 6925 has been delayed for at least 4 months, they finally get it and it's only the business site(which is now down again, BTW). The 8525 was supposed to be out already too. I have a sneaky suspicion they're going to add that to the business site first too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Interesting.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Did the Palm stores say anything about the online availability?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    it looks like the business site is trying to block people off from viewing the devices from the home page. If you play around on the business site, then try to view the phones from a link on the page (not on the top bar or the home page) it lets you view the phones.

The Treo 650 appears but has no description. All else is normal.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Ack, I've been detected. Forbidden once again
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Cingular announced November 5 in a memo. But you also have to take Cingular with a grain of salt. They also said the 8525 would be ready by the 29th!
    Well, it is November 5. Anyone have a url? Maybe they meant 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Well, it is November 5. Anyone have a url? Maybe they meant 2007.
    lol...you know better!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor View Post
    lol...you know better!
    Do I? Did or did not Silly Season start in 2005?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    stI08,

I find it kind of odd.........
    Really? And you have been dealing with Palm for how long? What is odd is when Palm does something in a businesslike manner.
    Do I? Did or did not Silly Season start in 2005?
    silly season is when people throw out dates that they "heard from someone" or saw on an "internal memo" and then get upset when the date is "missed"...

ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    OK, I just talked to the other Palm Store in NY @ Laguardia and they are saying they may have it as soon as the week of the 14th. I am sure we are going to hear all kinds of stories until it actually comes out so we will have to wait and see.

I asked him about pre ordering and he said they are taking orders for pre order but they do not have a price, color or date. They are only taking name and phone numbers and will call when tye are available.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    OK, I just talked to the other Palm Store in NY @ Laguardia and they are saying they may have it as soon as the week of the 14th. I am sure we are going to hear all kinds of stories until it actually comes out so we will have to wait and see.

I asked him about pre ordering and he said they are taking orders for pre order but they do not have a price, color or date. They are only taking name and phone numbers and will call when tye are available.
    I still like 2007. It is a nice number and the window size is large enough to embrace erratic Palm behavior. Trying to predict Palm behavior to a day, week, or even a month, is an exercise for those who do not like themselves very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor View Post
    silly season is when people throw out dates that they "heard from someone" or saw on an "internal memo" and then get upset when the date is "missed"...

Did you see the document? It was a Power Point. It looked legit, although I guess it could have been doctored. It also mentioned the 8525 for Oct. 29. It has been seen, but still isn't available for general sale!

Honestly whmurray, I think Cingular is more at fault this time than Palm. Since they seem to be playing games with the HP 6925 and the 8525(TyTn) too.

Yes, I have learned over the years to just wait until it is actually in the store. 2007? You just may be right.

I still like 2007. It is a nice number and the window size is large enough to embrace erratic Palm behavior. Trying to predict Palm behavior to a day, week, or even a month, is an exercise for those who do not like themselves very much.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    i'm not sure about the palm store in NY or Laguardia - But at the palm store in San Francisco - we'll have all four colors including the cingular edition.

The only TREO VIDEO CAST on the internet!!!
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Did you see the document? It was a Power Point. It looked legit, although I guess it could have been doctored. It also mentioned the 8525 for Oct. 29. It has been seen, but still isn't available for general sale!

Honestly whmurray, I think Cingular is more at fault this time than Palm. Since they seem to be playing games with the HP 6925 and the 8525(TyTn) too.
    I don't think it was doctored. It's just that most of us ignored that word "tentative". Nov. 5 was contingent upon the 680 passing all of Cingular's tests on the 20th of October. My guess is that there were complications that held up approval.

These release dates are always moving targets. That's exactly why they don't announce the dates to the public. But they end up leaking anyway, of course. And then people get mad.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    ..........Honestly whmurray, I think Cingular is more at fault this time than Palm. Since they seem to be playing games with the HP 6925 and the 8525(TyTn) too.
    Perhaps. However, Palm's track record is so bad that it is hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Palm did not have to announce so far before they had a partner prepared to deliver. That looks suspiciously like they are simply trying to keep people hanging.

If Palm were really committed to its GSM customers, if they really were ready to deliver, and if Cingular were the problem, they could sell unlocked versions at list price and allow Cingular to announce at lower price and later date.

It looks to me like Palm is still executing its strategy to favor CDMA customers at the expense of GSM customers. Palm has not given GSM customers any kind of a break since the Treo 270.
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/06/2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I am sure they are making sure they deliver a good product to market. I'm amazed at the negative comments on this board made towards Cingular and Palm (I'm guilty of Palm comments :-)) they haven't even said anything publicly? I also am looking forward to seeing the 680, and beyond, but I'm not going to sit at the Cingular website and try to type different variations of URL's that will show a picture, or a mock up, or a hint of something that may not be real.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast