Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Well, i think that this software is over priced. Google vidz and Youtube isn't THAT interesting. After using it for a few weeks, the wow factor is GONE. I am wondering what I would do with this software 1 month fro now.........
    I guess to each his own
    It's only $14 for the upgrade. It streams all of the radio stations I like, and since I get such a poor reception in my office, this is great.

I've downloaded a lot of clips from my favorite TV shows of yesteryear as well as music videos and movie clips.
    For me the $14 was well spent.
    is kinoma on the 650 cd? Maybe I am missing something.
    I think it is on the 680.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Well, i think that this software is over priced. Google vidz and Youtube isn't THAT interesting. After using it for a few weeks, the wow factor is GONE. I am wondering what I would do with this software 1 month fro now.........
    I guess to each his own
    So if you're tired of watching YouTube and Google videos, does that mean you don't use your computer's Browser any more? The more I use the player, the more things I discover. The heart and soul of the thing is the Kinoma Media guide. Explore it. Dig down into it and see what's there.

The new Kinoma player is THE single most entertaining, powerful, versatile and, dare I say, mind-boggling entertainment and information media portal I have EVER seen on a PalmOS device. At twice or three times the price it'd be a steal, in my opinion. For $24.99 it's the price of lunch at the Sizzler. Or a couple CDs. Or a DVD.

The day after you pay for that lunch what have you got? Nothing. The minute after you buy and install the Kinoma player you have instant access not just to streaming video from hundreds of sources, a bajillion podcasts, music and news and information of every genre imaginable, and over a thousand (I can't count them all and I'm not sure anyone at Kinoma even knows how many are in there).. world-wide radio stations in the Kinoma Media guide, which is constantly updated, already programmed for you. It makes XM or Sirius with their couple of hundred stations look pathetic. It blows my mind how much stuff is in that guide, and it's not just some static file of links that lives on your Treo or other connected Palm, but it's dynamically updated and lives on Kinoma's server. They're adding to it constantly as they source, test, and find more streams.

It'd take weeks maybe months for any one person to explore everything that's in that guide.

Nothing like this has ever been attempted on PalmOS before, as far as I know. As long as you have an unlimited data plan you have access to more media of every possible description than I can even list.

The Kinoma Media guide was a year in the making. It's a monumental achievement. The player is a LOT more than just a way to watch YouTube or Google videos. A LOT more.

We can agree to disagree but I suggest you explore the guide and see just how much is in there and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize what a fantastic thing this player is. Sure the interface is kind of plain jane. But this player isn't about the interface. It's about content delivery and I can't think of anything else that delivers this much content for so little money

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 11/25/2006 at 07:24 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    is kinoma on the 650 cd? Maybe I am missing something.
    Kinoma came installed on the 700P, from there you can upgrade to kinoma 4 for $14.
    Kinoma 4 is great by itself. It is awesome with Orb.
    Most of the TV is international. Under news and non-english news there are some, French, Germany. Try non-english entertainment, QVC and the education section too. nasa TV is running under government.
    While driving this past weekend, I listened to all or parts of three NFL games using Kinoma 4 and streaming off the Internet.
    WOW. can u tell how u did that.....
    I did spend a little time this weekend on it and I did fid quite I afew things the interested me. The NFL is what I'm talking about.
    http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html

On the left are links. Not all work with Kinoma 4 and some are out-of-date. But you can almost always get one per team to work. If not, try the other team.
    sweet. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Kinoma came installed on the 700P, from there you can upgrade to kinoma 4 for $14.
    Can you tell us how this is accomplished? I have tried and just get the 24.99 option.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodiumlake View Post
    Can you tell us how this is accomplished? I have tried and just get the 24.99 option.
    Thanks
    I think you need to soft reset then go into Kinoma. The first time in after a reset will give you a link to an upgrade option if I remember correctly. That's how I upgraded for $14 but had to do the transaction from the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I think you need to soft reset then go into Kinoma. The first time in after a reset will give you a link to an upgrade option if I remember correctly. That's how I upgraded for $14 but had to do the transaction from the Treo.
    Is this for the version that is embedded on the 700P? Or just if you have 3EX?
    It lists a web site kinoma.com/upgrade. but I get that you need to put in an email address.
    I dont care if I have to pay full price, just would be nice if we could upgrade what came with the phone.
    My comment was to upgrade what came with the 700p for $14. I think any upgrade link directly from the Kinoma site is a bit more expensive, but less then full price. If you visit kinoma.com/upgrade from your phone does it ask for an e-mail address?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    My comment was to upgrade what came with the 700p for $14. I think any upgrade link directly from the Kinoma site is a bit more expensive, but less then full price. If you visit kinoma.com/upgrade from your phone does it ask for an e-mail address?
    the Kinoma that came with the 700P cannot be accessed unless you are streaming something. How do you upgrade kinoma(embedded) if you dont have an application for it on the treo?
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    I did mine a couple of weeks ago but if I remember correctly, after going through a bunch of "how the he!! do I access this"m I think I finally just went to www.kinoma.com/upgrade in Blazer and was able to upgrade. Give that a try because I'm sure that's what I did.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I've been playing with this and it's great! I love this application and it's worth the $19.99 I spent on it. 2 of my favorite podcasts are availible to stream(Treocentral and engadget), youtube, google videos and a bunch of other goodies all at my fingertips!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I did mine a couple of weeks ago but if I remember correctly, after going through a bunch of "how the he!! do I access this"m I think I finally just went to www.kinoma.com/upgrade in Blazer and was able to upgrade. Give that a try because I'm sure that's what I did.
    Yes it asks for an email, and that is the link I used in blazer, it takes me to update producer. I still get the 24.99 for the player
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I've played with this(Kinoma 4EX) quite a bit today after reading the review. It's great for streaming content but when I tried to play some shows that I recorded with my Neuros recorder plus(MPEG-4), it was always choppy. It states that they made some changes to accomdate the scandisk v-mate for MPEG-4 but not for Neuros. So unfortunately I cant ditch TCMCP just yet. Hopefully they can fix this soon. The videos from Neuros runs so smoothly on TCMCP.

p.s Does anyone even use the Scandisk V-mate that they made the update for?
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast