Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    The .wmv file that R1_Rydah posted worked fine and I put it in the DCIM directory on my SD card.
    For some reason, Kinoma does not recognize .wmv files in the DCIM directory for me. i am going to play with it this weekend and see if I can get it to work. I will also try the .wmv file that R1_Rydah posted.

Thanks
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    New updated Kinoma 4.01 today, just update from your Kinoma 4 menu. Not sure what they fixed yet...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1172

What’s new in Kinoma Player 4.0.1 EX

Launching Kinoma Player with thousands of media files on expansion media and/or internal storage no longer resets or hangs the device.

Kinoma Media Guide update, including an expanded News section, new Music and Business sections, fresh YouTube and Google Video feeds, plus live radio channels from SomaFM and more.

Support for SanDisk V-Mate MPEG-4 simple profile H.263 movies.

Support for streaming MP3 and WMA audio from Avvenu.

Improved support for streaming Flash video from third-party sites.

Streaming playback fixes, to address various connection and buffering problems reported to Kinoma Support and in our Forum.

Improvements to metadata, media details, and play list displays, to improve readability and navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1172

What’s new in Kinoma Player 4.0.1 EX

Launching Kinoma Player with thousands of media files on expansion media and/or internal storage no longer resets or hangs the device.

Kinoma Media Guide update, including an expanded News section, new Music and Business sections, fresh YouTube and Google Video feeds, plus live radio channels from SomaFM and more.

Support for SanDisk V-Mate MPEG-4 simple profile H.263 movies.

Support for streaming MP3 and WMA audio from Avvenu.

Improved support for streaming Flash video from third-party sites.

Streaming playback fixes, to address various connection and buffering problems reported to Kinoma Support and in our Forum.

Improvements to metadata, media details, and play list displays, to improve readability and navigation.
    Thanks!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Hmm, I just updated to 4.0.1 and now when I launch Media Guide, I get a timed out error. Anyone having the same issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    Hmm, I just updated to 4.0.1 and now when I launch Media Guide, I get a timed out error. Anyone having the same issues?
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    New updated Kinoma 4.01 today, just update from your Kinoma 4 menu. Not sure what they fixed yet...
    I'm having trouble updating mine to 4.0.1; it refuses to connect with the update server. Could anyone post the 4.0.1 PRC for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    I'm having trouble updating mine to 4.0.1; it refuses to connect with the update server. Could anyone post the 4.0.1 PRC for me?
    From the Kinoma website:
    If you would like to update from your computer, go to the Product Update link (http://www.kinoma.com/index/need-a-product-update) in the support section of the Kinoma web site and enter the email address you used to purchase your product, and it will be sent to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    From the Kinoma website:
    If you would like to update from your computer, go to the Product Update link (http://www.kinoma.com/index/need-a-product-update) in the support section of the Kinoma web site and enter the email address you used to purchase your product, and it will be sent to you.
    Ah, thanks! That did it.
    I have entered every one of the URLs y'all have referenced, and this is the message I get each time: " 'www.xstream.com' cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file." I'm using a 700p, have updated to Kinoma 4.0.1, and yes, I typped the http:// before the www. What am I doing wrong? What I REALLY want to find is a way to play the Redskins games (yeah, I know, why bother...) for my husband (we're down in Florida).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlene R. Foreman View Post
    I have entered every one of the URLs y'all have referenced, and this is the message I get each time: " 'www.xstream.com' cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file." I'm using a 700p, have updated to Kinoma 4.0.1, and yes, I typped the http:// before the www. What am I doing wrong? What I REALLY want to find is a way to play the Redskins games (yeah, I know, why bother...) for my husband (we're down in Florida).
    Post the URL and let us give it a try. What are you typing?
    Well, someone earlier suggested www.xstream.com. I tried that and it gave me the error message. I tried all of the others referenced in this thread and got the same error message. So getting the Redskins is only a dream, and I have no idea what URL that would be at. I just want to get URLs working, and don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlene R. Foreman View Post
    Well, someone earlier suggested www.xstream.com. I tried that and it gave me the error message. I tried all of the others referenced in this thread and got the same error message. So getting the Redskins is only a dream, and I have no idea what URL that would be at. I just want to get URLs working, and don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    theres a typo in that url... try clicking the link directly from this thread instead of typing it in http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    theres a typo in that url... try clicking the link directly from this thread instead of typing it in http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile
    Note this thread over at Kinoma.
    http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1109

you just need to login using the same account you setup for desktop streaming, and then pick a channel. Both the low and high bandwidth streams are WMA.

Of course you have to be an XM subscriber, which I assume you are.

I suggest that you post your XM questions over on the Kinoma forum, since they seem to be answering questions there directly.
    Last edited by videoscraper; 11/15/2006 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Updated instructions
    will this work with kinoma streamednfl.blogspot.com/
    I am going to try is sunday. anyone seen this b 4?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    will this work with kinoma streamednfl.blogspot.com/
    I am going to try is sunday. anyone seen this b 4?
    I get unsupported format with the url you provided. that would be cool though.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Maybe it is unsupported. but, its not sundaybor monday.

No NFL is on right now. Its a live feed.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Maybe it is unsupported. but, its not sundaybor monday.

No NFL is on right now. Its a live feed.

Yeah, I caught that, however I looked at the url's and they begin with sop:// with no media format tag. I hope it works though.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    Well, i think that this software is over priced. Google vidz and Youtube isn't THAT interesting. After using it for a few weeks, the wow factor is GONE. I am wondering what I would do with this software 1 month fro now.........
    I guess to each his own
    It does streaming windows media, which is used by my local radio stations. So this was worth it to me (even tho I own pTunes).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast