Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 202
  1. #101  
    I guess it can't That is lame. http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=1149
    I dont knw anyone that sitts at home on their computer and watch/listens to real player. When will they get with the mobile age?
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I actually found the path for video is card/palm/programs/kinoma.

    I forgot the name of the file I was looking for. Now that I have found that, I have an .mpg in that path, but it is not recognized by Kinoma. Any ideas? I tried renaming the extension .mp4, but that did not work. Thanks

    Cigar.
    Hmm... mine always saves to card/DCIM. Not sure how to open the mpg with Kinoma.
  3. #103  
    Is there a way to switch to the next page?

    On the 700 only one page shows up and I see no way of going to the next page.
    I know there is a next page, because if you search on the PC, you get multiple pages.
  4. #104  
    Usually there's an attribute that can be set in the URL that controls how many results are returned. I'm not sure what it is for youtube but google video it's the &num attribute.

    Google Example:

    http://video.google.com/videofeed?ty...=40&output=rss
  5. #105  
    Since there isn't a trial version for me to try, can someone please test a 3MB .wmv file for me? Please contact me via e-mail. Thanks!

    Also, does Kinoma EX 4 have a full screen mode like TCPMP?
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Since there isn't a trial version for me to try, can someone please test a 3MB .wmv file for me? Please contact me via e-mail. Thanks!

    Also, does Kinoma EX 4 have a full screen mode like TCPMP?
    It's already been stated twice in this thread that it cannot play .wmv files.
    It does have full screen mode.
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    It's already been stated twice in this thread that it cannot play .wmv files.
    It does have full screen mode.

    I'm able to play wmv files

    *edit* well some wmv, not all

    pureinstinct93, email me the file I will let you know if I can play it... r1rydah (at) gmail.com
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I'm able to play wmv files

    *edit* well some wmv, not all

    pureinstinct93, email me the file I will let you know if I can play it... r1rydah (at) gmail.com
    I've deleted them. I had 3 or 4 that kinoma will bring up and start playing, but it will be really slow, not showing all the frames, and not worth trying to watch.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    I've deleted them. I had 3 or 4 that kinoma will bring up and start playing, but it will be really slow, not showing all the frames, and not worth trying to watch.
    it is pretty hit or miss, does this one play smoothly?
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/speed.wmv
  10. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Hmm... mine always saves to card/DCIM. Not sure how to open the mpg with Kinoma.
    Peterlemonjello, did you ota the install or did you hotsync? I ota'ed it and that file path is what was established with the install through Java.

    Looking further at the instructions, they make no mention of .mpg files. I guess I will be converting them. Thanks for the help.

    Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  11. #111  
    I ota'd. That's really strange. I wonder what other people are experiencing.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    it is pretty hit or miss, does this one play smoothly?
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/speed.wmv
    When downloaded it via email it would not play. When I put in the palm desktop media, it was converted to .asf, and it played.

    I think it's still safe to say that it can't play .wmv files.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    When downloaded it via email it would not play. When I put in the palm desktop media, it was converted to .asf, and it played.

    I think it's still safe to say that it can't play .wmv files.
    that file in the link played flawlessly on my 650, are you trying to stream, or letting it dowload to your card first then play?

    I let the file dowload, then play it...
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 11/08/2006 at 09:00 PM.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    When downloaded it via email it would not play. When I put in the palm desktop media, it was converted to .asf, and it played.

    I think it's still safe to say that it can't play .wmv files.
    They need to be in either the Kinoma or launcher directory on the SD card, and I have no problmes with playback. I think sticking the files through Palm Desktop is messing up your associations. Just copy the file to the card directly with a card reader.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    that file in the link played flawlessly on my 650, are you trying to stream, or letting it dowload to your card first then play?

    I let the file dowload, then play it...
    Ok.
    I sent it to myself via email, but the treo wants to play it and doesn't give me the option do download it, so it wouldn't play.
    I changed the name to .mpg, and resent it. I downloaded it, changed the name back to .wmv and it plays fine.
    That's fine, but I'd rather be able to stream it. I had 3 or 4 .wmv files that would not play for me. As I stated before, they showed up but wouldn't show all the frames.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
    They need to be in either the Kinoma or launcher directory on the SD card, and I have no problmes with playback. I think sticking the files through Palm Desktop is messing up your associations. Just copy the file to the card directly with a card reader.
    If I have to go through the process of renaming to get them to play as I did, I'd rather sync them throught he desktop because it's easier.

    I just can't sync media on my desktop at work.
  17. #117  
    pool_shark, the emailing & renaming shouldn't be neccessary... you should be able to stream or download the file all from the kinoma app...

    first find the url of the clip you want to view...
    then copy it to the treo's clipboard....
    now go into the kinoma app, and select the open url option
    pic1

    then paste the url
    pic2

    then the app will start streaming, the download option is in the upper right corner(the lil SDcard)
    pic3

    I always check the download option because I'm on a 650, and I can't keep up with the stream, and get alot of buffering
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    pool_shark, the emailing & renaming shouldn't be neccessary... you should be able to stream or download the file all from the kinoma app...

    first find the url of the clip you want to view...
    then copy it to the treo's clipboard....
    now go into the kinoma app, and select the open url option
    pic1

    then paste the url
    pic2

    then the app will start streaming, the download option is in the upper right corner(the lil SDcard)
    pic3

    I always check the download option because I'm on a 650, and I can't keep up with the stream, and get alot of buffering
    Thanks.
    I understand how to do that, I do that with youtube videos all the time.

    The fact that I have had .wmv files on the treo and couldn't play them is my issue. I've have downloaded them from the web and could not play them.
  19. ggward's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_shark View Post
    Thanks.
    I understand how to do that, I do that with youtube videos all the time.

    The fact that I have had .wmv files on the treo and couldn't play them is my issue. I've have downloaded them from the web and could not play them.
    I discovered that certain fps and screen resolutions will not play in Kinoma. It is documented in the instructions, but it was a trial and error to determine the actual size. The .wmv also has to be in the filepath: card/palm/programs/kinoma.

    If you "hotsync" the files, quick install will convert the files to .asf and in some instances, the audio will not work.

    Good Luck.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    ......
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I discovered that certain fps and screen resolutions will not play in Kinoma. It is documented in the instructions, but it was a trial and error to determine the actual size. The .wmv also has to be in the filepath: card/palm/programs/kinoma.

    If you "hotsync" the files, quick install will convert the files to .asf and in some instances, the audio will not work.

    Good Luck.

    The .wmv file that R1_Rydah posted worked fine and I put it in the DCIM directory on my SD card.

Posting Permissions