Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Is this compatible with the 650 or just the 700?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I dont think background play would work for this program since it also plays video format. Kinoma would have to know what type it's playing to determine if it should allow it to play in the background. Other than than this program is awesome. I love the Media Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
    I dont think background play would work for this program since it also plays video format. Kinoma would have to know what type it's playing to determine if it should allow it to play in the background. Other than than this program is awesome. I love the Media Center.
    What's the big deal with knowing the type it's playing? There are a limited number of formats and Kinoma should know which are audio and video. I think background play is not enabled for many reasons other than not being able to identify the media type.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Hi,

Can someone try to stream television shows from any of the major networks' webpages? By that, I mean streaming 'Lost" for example from ABC's "Video" page. Sorry I don't have a direct link as I am writing this from my Treo.

Thanks in advance!
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mansouan View Post
    Hi,

Can someone try to stream television shows from any of the major networks' webpages? By that, I mean streaming 'Lost" for example from ABC's "Video" page. Sorry I don't have a direct link as I am writing this from my Treo.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't get lost to stream on my 650
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Is this compatible with the 650 or just the 700?

http://www.kinoma.com/index/Supported-Devices-Player4

Even Tapwave!!
    Last edited by videoscraper; 11/19/2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Was asked to update the link
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444 View Post
    I couldn't get lost to stream on my 650
    What link did you type into the open url panel? I would like to try it.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    that's the problem. it's a flash video so even on my computer i couldn't find a link to just the video only to the page.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    hi,
    Can someone with Kinoma 4EX on a T650 test the following link
    http://asx.abcast.com/blazers-kxl2-32.asx
    TIA
    I am get a not found error. Ben
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Can somebody test NASA TV on a 650 (on an EDGE network)?

Man they really need to release a demo.
    With the 700p there is a link to it in the Media area - government - NASA tv and it works. I just watched a speech and now a dude with a red tie. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune View Post
    Can somebody test NASA TV on a 650 (on an EDGE network)?

Man they really need to release a demo.
    I see it on my 1x verizon 650, audio is good, but I get a still image every 4 seconds - This thing is going to sell a lot of EVDO treos.. Palm should be happy.
    Last edited by videoscraper; 11/01/2006 at 09:30 PM. Reason: had more to say
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    unf. no demo coming for Kinoma 4 EX

Unfortunately due to licensing restrictions we are not able to offer a trial version. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase you can request a refund.

You can take advantage of the Opening Day discount on our home page www.kinoma.com by scrolling down to the HotDeals link.

Regards,

Kinoma Support
  15.    #55  
    The reason they can't offer a trial probably hinges upon the fact that they licensed several of the codecs. I would bet that microsoft does not want the wmv code floating around to non paying customers.

If you notice, ptunes has a similar setup in that wma is disabled in the demo version.
    So far it seems like google video is a better option because it allows you to save videos to the SD card. However, if I go to google video from my Treo using Blazer it doesn't give me a URL to paste on Kinoma. That is when YouTube comes as a better option, but then again there is no way to save youtube videos. Anybody knows of the following?
    1. A way to search for google videos and paste the URL in Kinoma?
    2. A mobile page to search for youtube videos

Thanks,

Al
    Does it work with Sirius Streaming for a Treo 650 ?
    This page is accessable from your Treo

http://www.kinoma.com/index/galleryHQ-mobile

There is a whole moble Kinoma.com site there, in fact if you use your treo to get there you can browse the entire thing and buy the thing over the air. One of the big graphics has a Kinoma provided free Smartvideo trial and sample links.

ABC News - High speed Low speed

Court Tv - High speed Low speed

Fox Sports - High speed Low speed

The Weather Channel - High speed Low speed

Looks like all WMV ASX files
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So far it seems like google video is a better option because it allows you to save videos to the SD card. However, if I go to google video from my Treo using Blazer it doesn't give me a URL to paste on Kinoma. That is when YouTube comes as a better option, but then again there is no way to save youtube videos. Anybody knows of the following?
    1. A way to search for google videos and paste the URL in Kinoma?
    2. A mobile page to search for youtube videos

Thanks,

Al
    YouTube and Google Videos can both be accessed directly from the Kinoma Media Guide [in Kinoma] without having to cut & paste.
    I think that the video can be bookmarked; or the files can be saved to the SD card.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jt999 View Post
    YouTube and Google Videos can both be accessed directly from the Kinoma Media Guide [in Kinoma] without having to cut & paste.
    I think that the video can be bookmarked; or the files can be saved to the SD card.

Jeff
    I understand that, but I would like to search for the videos that I want and not be limited to what Kinoma has available.

Al
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast