Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 202
  1. #21  
    Perfect! I'm in, kicked Core to the curb
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2. AirData's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #22  
    One that bugs me is that when it scans media. Takes forever. Anyway to turn that off? Even when I put in a URL and bookmark the URL it scans again.
  3. mal5z's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #23  
    Am I right that it shows up as an application that ca be launched independent of Blazer? It was always frustrating that the only way to get into the embedded version was to open Blazer and open a link that called for Kinoma.
  4. meinken's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mal5z View Post
    Am I right that it shows up as an application that ca be launched independent of Blazer? It was always frustrating that the only way to get into the embedded version was to open Blazer and open a link that called for Kinoma.
    Yes, it runs as a standalone in addition to being launched from Blazer links.

    Also here is a link on the Kinoma page for a opening day discount (till 11/30) of $5, lowering the price to $19.99. http://www.kinoma.com/index/hot-deals
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
  5. #25  
    I think the media scanning is annoying too. One problem I have is that it's not picking up my mp3 files when it scans the card, and I have hundreds of them. Anyone else seeing this?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
    Yep. Streams WMA, FLV, MP3, AAC. And now I can stop hunting for my favorite radio stations in New York and the UK. They are built in!

    But it won't run from the SD card..
    Will it play a Flash .swf file?
  7. #27  
    Seems to stream audio fine with the screen off. It didn't find any .avi movies on my card either. Apparently no way to open them if it doesn't find them...Only open URLs.

    I can't figure out how to scroll from one photo to the next.

    Some of this stuff is counterintuitive...but at least it lets me stream radio stations that broadcast in Windows Media.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Can it stream WMA in the background and/or with the screen off? Can it stream Bloomberg?
    Give me a url to try. It does turns off the screen after a bit of audio playback. And it plays .flv local files too!
  9. #29  
    Try sticking your MP3's in the Kioma directory of the SD card.
  10. #30  
    is this compatible with the treo650? Also if it does work with the 650 will it be able to stream video and will orb work with it?

    Do all the functions work on the 650?
  11. #31  
    Unfortunately it will not work in the background like Pocket Tunes. About the best you can do is power off (or auto-off after x seconds) the screen to save power.

    It's nice...but I guess I'd just prefer that Pocket Tunes added the ability to stream Windows Media.
  12. #32  
    And it does work with my Treo 650...though I'd assume that the faster EVDO would better handle the streaming. Have seen the buffer run out...or the stream stop for whatever reason...on my Verizon model.

    Have only tried streaming audio...no video or orb.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Unfortunately it will not work in the background like Pocket Tunes. About the best you can do is power off (or auto-off after x seconds) the screen to save power.

    It's nice...but I guess I'd just prefer that Pocket Tunes added the ability to stream Windows Media.
    Thanks Pablo. pTunes, Kinoma, Core - much money has been spent on these three apps and POS still doesn't have a solution for streaming WMA in the background...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
    Give me a url to try. It does turns off the screen after a bit of audio playback. And it plays .flv local files too!
    Bloomberg (doesn't work with the 700p's embedded player):
    http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/audio/radio_live.asx
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Bloomberg (doesn't work with the 700p's embedded player):
    http://www.bloomberg.com/streams/audio/radio_live.asx
    Says it's an unsupported audio format, but it opened it up. Got another one to try?
  16. #36  
    I'm not sure I understand. When you say "opened it up", does that mean you were actually able to listen to the feed, or that the link started Kinoma?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. When you say "opened it up", does that mean you were actually able to listen to the feed, or that the link started Kinoma?
    Yes, it launched the player but since it's the Windows Media voice codec, you can't hear it, and you get the "unsupported audio" warning. Do they have an MP3 or AAC feed?
  18. jt999's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    #38  
    I am impressed with the Kinoma Media Guide which offers a wide variety of internet video, internet radio stations, podcasts, etc.

    The internet radio includes TheStreamCenter and other international radio feeds.
    The internet video includes Google Video and YouTube.
    All of these media options can be accessed directly from Kinoma Media Guide without having to cut & paste.

    The scanning is annoying and it would be nice if background play was an option; however I am still very pleased with the new features.

    Jeff
  19. #39  
    no trial??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  20. #40  
    Videoscraper,

    Thanks for testing Bloomberg for me. No, they don't have an MP3 stream.

    With no backgd play and no .asx support (apparently), this new Kinoma is a dud for my needs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions