Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    No pausing here on my vzw 700p. Have you enabled the stream to download option?

What's your 2wire.com test results?
    Stream to download checked. 2wire.com reports in the 500-700 range.

I"m looking at the Google Top 100 videos. Most of them are very short and pause several times per minute while streaming. Are others looking at other sources?
    Last edited by skfny; 12/05/2006 at 02:21 PM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I purchased Kinoma after reading the glowing reviews here and on the main site. What am I missing?

Maybe it's too early to judge, but I'm leaning towards HEAVILY overrated right now. Streaming video is a no-go - every single video I tried on Youtube and GVids pauses several times on my 700p. What's the point if you have to endure 3 10-second pauses to watch a 60-second video? And streaming audio is useless IMO if you can't listen in the background.

What am I doing wrong?
    Just bought it (based on the glowing review) and I too, am a little under-whelmed. I think I expected more. To be fair though, I've probably not tapped into all it can do. I was not overly impressed with the video selections or how painful they were to get though (as explained in the quote above).

I thought with this app i could go to ESPNRADIO.COM and click on the "listen" button and hear live streaming radio but it did not work. Back to Shoutcast and Pocket Tunes.

This 2nd part of the review was pretty good but what we really need is some sort of walkthrough so we can discover what makes this app special.

Is there a way to browse all videos on youtube and google or are we restricted to the Kinoma playlist?
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Stream to download checked. 2wire.com reports in the 500-700 range.

I"m looking at the Google Top 100 videos. Most of them are very short and pause several times per minute while streaming. Are others looking at other sources?
    Hmm... no clue what your problem is. Try posting your problems on the kinoma forum.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree View Post
    Just bought it (based on the glowing review) and I too, am a little under-whelmed I think I expected more. To be fair though, I've probably not tapped into all it can do. I was not overly impressed with the video selections or how painful they were to get though (as explained in the quote above).

I thought with this app i could go to ESPNRADIO.COM and click on the "listen" button and hear live streaming radio but it did not work. Back to Shoutcast and Pocket Tunes.

This 2nd part of the review was pretty good but what we really need is some sort of walkthrough so we can discover what makes this app special.

Is there a way to browse all videos on youtube and google or are we restricted to the Kinoma playlist?
    on your treo browser got to mtube and mGvids. You can browser for your videos there.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you read the whole review you'll see (on the third page of part one) where I mentioned the Kinoma Media guide has a many-tiered, categorized list of YouTube and Google videos but no search function (although if you know the URL of a video on either site, you can use the "open URL" menu selection and punch it in manually, but if you want to search for and access all videos on both sites you can use Blazer to go to the user-coded sites mobetube and g-vids and search for anything, select "stream" and they'll hand it off to 4 EX which will play it. I even gave you screen shots and an example of searching for a Todd Rundgren video I uploaded to YouTube.com and screen shots of how I searched for it and streamed in 4 EX

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Here's a way to search for YouTube videos in Kinoma (per Kinoma Support):

You can perform some simple YouTube searches from within Kinoma Player, using the Open URL dialog and the YouTube RSS tag feature.

The general form of search URL is this:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/<tag1+tag2...+tagn>.rss

So for example, from within Kinoma Player, if you want to open a list of
    all YouTube clips tagged with "del mar", you would enter this URL in the
    Open URL dialog:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/del+mar.rss

There's also a way to browse videos by user. You can read more about
    these features on the YouTube RSS page:

http://youtube.com/rssls
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    what worked for me is the mobile youtube and google video sites another poster listed. the search functions do work.

also if you have the url, such as www.youtube.com/watch?*****

just replace the 'youtube' with mobetube so you'd have www.mobetube.com/watch?***** enter that in the blazer browser and voila!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Ive seen a bunch of people mention how great kinoma 4ex is with Orb. I tried using Orb with the built in Kinoma player on the Treo 700p. What difference does the 4ex add to orb streaming?

Also, has anyone tired streaming sirius radio. I subscribe and if I could access the sirius stream with kinoma 4ex, it would be totally worth it to me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    I have unlimited data... Ptunes audio works great, and tried MobiTV and it was jerky.. but was watchable if the content was there

Would consider this if quality is comparable to Mobitv, without the monthly charges

19.99 is very reasonable if it is actually funtional, but with TCMP & Streaming PTunes... is there any point to adding it on a 650?
    If you want streaming Windows Media .. then yes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Wow! Thank you all for the replies. Can't wait to try them. The people here are great.

Can anyone explain why espnradio.com doesn't work?
    there are two stations I know of that broadcast espn radio...ESPN 950 in Indianapolis and one in Modesto, CA. Both accessible in Kinoma and ESPN 950 also accessible from Ptunes Deluxe (has an mp3 and wma stream)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Has anyone heard if Kinoma plans on adding the ability to "skin" the player? The interface could use it.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Has anyone heard if Kinoma plans on adding the ability to "skin" the player? The interface could use it.
    I like the simple black interface. It's a lot nicer then the plain one that blazer goes to on kinoma 3. Also, if a skin will cause it to slow or stutter, I'd rather not have one (not saying it will, just that if it should)
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Figured it out. The link MarkY provided is correct:

1 You must access it from the 700p

2 When you click upgrade, it will, in fact, ask you for an email address. Don't fill it in. I repeat, don't fill it in. Leave it empty and proceed.

3 The system will detect you are upgrading from the 700p and issue a 15 dollar credit.
    Again, this is the reason why TreoCentral is the NUMBER ONE resource for your Treo! I could not have figured this out without you guys!
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Has anyone heard anything about when to expect the next update? It is supposed to fix the problem between Softick Audio Gateway and Kinoma. I'm really anxious for this to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard anything about when to expect the next update? It is supposed to fix the problem between Softick Audio Gateway and Kinoma. I'm really anxious for this to be fixed.
    Hi

They're working on it.. they never give release dates in advance, nor does any smart software company because if they miss it the cries of "Waah you lied to us" would be deafening.. so just hold your water, it's in the works..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    Hi

They're working on it.. they never give release dates in advance, nor does any smart software company because if they miss it the cries of "Waah you lied to us" would be deafening.. so just hold your water, it's in the works..

Harv
    Thanks, Harv. Well, we've all held our water pretty long (well at least some of us) for the 700p maintenance patch, so I guess I can hold it for this one, too. Although holding your water at my age is getting tougher.....
    just a guess... but I think this is more of a issue with the 700p's BT more than a issue with kinoma or s.a.g. because I use kinoma & s.a.g. daily without any issues on my 650... Just curious, how well is s.a.g. working with ptunes on the 700p's thes days?
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    just a guess... but I think this is more of a issue with the 700p's BT more than a issue with kinoma or s.a.g. because I use kinoma & s.a.g. daily without any issues on my 650... Just curious, how well is s.a.g. working with ptunes on the 700p's thes days?
    Which version of Kinoma are you using on your 650? I'm using 4.x on my 700p. Kinoma has been working on the problem with SAG and they have said they can fix it, so it may not be the dreaded 700p. The problem is that every second or so, the audio pauses and then starts again. It isn't the skipping problem as you can actually see the pause symbol flash and then the play symbol over and over again.

To answer your question, SAG works fairly well with Ptunes. It does not work at all with CorePlayer, but it does work with TCMP. I've VERY, VERY unhappy with CorePlayer. I wish I had not bought it.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast