1.    #1  
    I promise I've searched and read for hours.

I dont even know how big a card I'll need. I assume only pics and vids take up much room, and I can always empty the card as I go.

I want to use On Guard (or similar) backup to card.

I read that 4GB cards have more issues than smaller ones...but I'm tempted to just try the Transend 4GB 150x and hope.

Is there a 2GB (or even 1GB) card thats proven, fast and stable? I've never even used extra memory on my 600, but I want to get the most out of my 700p.

Isn't there a card out there that I cant go wrong with to start? Prefer 2GB, but I'm not even sure I need that much. If there's a good fast 1GB card that is a consensus winner, I'll start with that and move up if needed. Transend (cheaper) and SanDisc ultra II (faster write speed) are ones I see a lot here.

...and while we're at it, which is the speed of getting stuff from phone to card? Is that read or write? I care less how long it takes to go a full backup than I do how long till I can shoot my next pic.

I don't care about spending a few extra bucks as long as its worth it.

Be gentle, I'm a 700 virgin, but isn't there a 1GB card out there with good feedback from you guys? I'd settle for that, I'm not that much a power user and have no clue whwn I would wish I had more space. It will be a LONG time before I will care at all (if ever) about games and movies.

Thanks for the patience.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffandpamsmith; 10/31/2006 at 02:54 PM.
    I loved my 150X 2GB Ridata, before it broke
    Now I have a 150X 4GB Ridata, I'm happy.
    Just call me Berd.
    When I searched before,
    I think most agreed the Transend 150X is a top performer.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Man, I messed up my post, and before I could even edit it you guys replied!
    If you want instant, no hassle card, Stay under 2GB.
    Most, if not all 4GB cards tend to run slower because of having to format them FAT32.
    There's a way to speed them up, but they still will be slower than a 2GB or smaller Formatted Fat16 (Fat)
    Just call me Berd.
    Transcend 150x 4GB from NewEgg.com. No issues whatsoever for me.
    I'm using a 2GB Speedy SD by AData...so far so good.
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    I like my PQI 4GB (I think it's 150x). I play video from it and it's pretty good.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    A-Data has life time warranty. I have dealt with them before.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    A (good) way to get a card is to go to www.newegg.com and search for Transcend SD cards. Get the one that seems to be the most bang for the buck at the time. I bought a 2gb for around $40.00 a while ago and it's working great.

Another good place to look is www.buy.com
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    $19.99 after rebate at outpost.com. 34.99 before.

I use it and it works very well. Plus, free shipping. Good until 11/03/06

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5006985

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    At this point I am probably being superstitiious, but I have had my share prior troubles in various Palm devices (now have a T600) wth various brands of SD cards. I am sure many are ok, but I, personally, would never use anything except Panasonic (currently have a 1 GB). They are a bit more expensive, but they are stable and fast.
    I have used a 4GB Transcend 150X card for the past three and a half months with my 700p and have had zero problems with it.

I have also had good luck with my older (and smaller) SanDisk cards in both my 700p and other devices.

Based on my experiences with them, I'd say both are a good choice.