1.    #1  
    I am thinking of upgrading my 650. However, I would like to use my 650 at home with wifi. Does anyone have information as to how I might accomplish this?

I know an SD wifi card would be required. Will it work in the 650? If so, which one?
    Enfora Wifi sled is your only option with the 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    WI-FI crippled on purpose on Palm OS Treos. Politics with the carrier companies.
    Prob. will never be avail on Palm OS Treo. If it did, Palm would prove to customers they were full of it.

Yes, 3rd party options only. (SAD)
    I remember when we finally were able to buy that crappy SD Wi-Fi from Palm.... and now what a waste of money and waiting.
  4.    #4  
    The Sled looks big. There are no SD card options? Keep in mind, i just want to use wifi (and not the cell phone portion) of it after I upgrade.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    your best bet would be to sell the 650 and buy a tungsten or something. as far as i've seen even the great shadowmite couldn't get wifi to work on the 650 without problems (other than using the sled)
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    There is a cheap solution to this. A bluetooth network hub. I have one and it works great with my Treo. It is fatser than the Enfora sled and not as intrusive. (Enfora uses some funky drivers) If you are only planning on using the Treo at home, this is a great way to have fast browsing and wireless syncing.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    There is a cheap solution to this. A bluetooth network hub. I have one and it works great with my Treo. It is fatser than the Enfora sled and not as intrusive. (Enfora uses some funky drivers) If you are only planning on using the Treo at home, this is a great way to have fast browsing and wireless syncing.
    Mike
    I am interested. I have a bluetooth dongle on my iBook laptop for sync'ing my Treo 650. The laptop gets its web feed from wireless router (Apple Airport). How do I use BT to feed web access to Treo 650?

I cancelled my Cingular wireless data service because it was soooo expensive ($40/month) and I used it sooooo little. This would be a neat option. I would probably still rarely use it...
    -- Josh
    Well, I am not trying to sell Missing Sync, but it does have Internet Sharing. Along with a cable, I also have my Treo650 and iBook setup for Bluetooth sync. If you enable Internet Sharing instead of Sync, you just create a new network service on the Treo650 with your bluetooth paired connection, mine is Mac, no password or username. That's it, fire up Blazer and the phone contacts the iBook via bluetooth and the web via Airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    The Sled looks big. There are no SD card options? Keep in mind, i just want to use wifi (and not the cell phone portion) of it after I upgrade.
    The sled is big, but it's the only solution so far. Even then, it's not perfect, as some of the newer multi-band routers kill the sled and it won't work there. Oh well.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    I am interested. I have a bluetooth dongle on my iBook laptop for sync'ing my Treo 650. The laptop gets its web feed from wireless router (Apple Airport). How do I use BT to feed web access to Treo 650?
    Make a search on "reverse DUN" on this forum, it was discussed many times.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    If you aren't going to use the phone, dump the Treo and get a Palm T/X. WiFi built-in.