1.    #1  
    I have had the VZW 650, now the 700P (which I paid $545 because I was not within the new 2 year contract) and I switched back today to my trusty Motorola E815. I know I will miss all the features, but I need a phone that doesn't freeze, lag, wont get cell reception in A LOT of places, etc... For my business it is all about phone calls and I cant afford for the phone not to work. I have tried the 700P for about 3-4 months and I feel it needs some sort of update or something, but until then I am back to a regular phone that gets GREAT reception.
    Howard
    Verizon 700P
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    I have had the VZW 650, now the 700P (which I paid $545 because I was not within the new 2 year contract) and I switched back today to my trusty Motorola E815. I know I will miss all the features, but I need a phone that doesn't freeze, lag, wont get cell reception in A LOT of places, etc... For my business it is all about phone calls and I cant afford for the phone not to work. I have tried the 700P for about 3-4 months and I feel it needs some sort of update or something, but until then I am back to a regular phone that gets GREAT reception.
    I am a 2 phone person, a Verizon 700p for email and minimal calling, and I was using a e816 (which had great reception) which i just replaced with V3M on the Amp'd mobile service ($99 unlimited calling and internet) who also uses verizon towers.

But I Have never had an issue regarding service with verizon have you done *228 then option 2 and updated the PRL??
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have done the *228 until I wore out the buttons (LOL), I had the VZW650 and it didn't work for a few mile stretch on my way home from work and the 700P did the same thing. Today, I drove with the E815 and talked the WHOLE way home, NO dropped call. I got home and hung up and it said 37 minute call, normally it only works for about 10 - 15 minutes of the route. I called VZW and told them of the dead spot and them said we will look into it. That has been 2 years now.

How do you use the 700P just for email and and minimal calling, you have to pay for another number and the data plan?
    Howard
    Verizon 700P
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg View Post
    Yes, I have done the *228 until I wore out the buttons (LOL), I had the VZW650 and it didn't work for a few mile stretch on my way home from work and the 700P did the same thing. Today, I drove with the E815 and talked the WHOLE way home, NO dropped call. I got home and hung up and it said 37 minute call, normally it only works for about 10 - 15 minutes of the route. I called VZW and told them of the dead spot and them said we will look into it. That has been 2 years now.

How do you use the 700P just for email and and minimal calling, you have to pay for another number and the data plan?
    Yep 2 bills. The unlimited plan is so good it really is not that bad having both.

Amp'd has the "q" coming in 1 quarter but even then, i will probaly have a "phone" because of the size.