Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    The latest word on howardforums is that the 680 cingular release date has been pushed back to Nov 20th.
    I looked around some but am not that familiar w/Howard forums.
    ADS
    Here is the text of a message that I got from our corporate Cingular rep on 10/27:

I just heard some news today that the 680 launch has been pushed back to
    early December. Check back with me mid Nov for an update.

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
    Corporate Account Executive
    Corporate Markets Group
    Cingular Wireles
    Dennis G. Esler
    I went to the Cingular store today. The reps told me that the 680 had just appeared TODAY on their pricing sheet. They showed it to me in a list with the rest of their phones. The prices, however, were blacked out. They said that this usually means the phone is about to be released, but did not know when.
    Every pixel a picasso
    They were also able to put me on a list of people to call when they get it. They speculated that it would most likely be within the next two weeks....
    Every pixel a picasso
    I also called the local CIngular knowing they would not have them yet and I was correct. The lady that answered the phone said they will not have them in store until mid December. I then decided to call the Palm Store in NY at JFK and they told me the same thing, mid December. I am bummed.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    I also called the local CIngular knowing they would not have them yet and I was correct. The lady that answered the phone said they will not have them in store until mid December. I then decided to call the Palm Store in NY at JFK and they told me the same thing, mid December. I am bummed.
    How long before they appear on Cingular online? Is that the Nov. 20th date?

There's also supposed to be release of several other phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Oh snap!

It may be a while before Treos come out.

NTP is back and they are suing Palm. They are asking for a injunction to make Palm stop selling Treos.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    Oh snap!

It may be a while before Treos come out.

NTP is back and they are suing Palm. They are asking for a injunction to make Palm stop selling Treos.
    That's so impressive, to not have a product but be able to get money from companies like RIM, and now possibly Palm. I wonder if they already blew through the $612 Million, and they want more. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a tiny 2 person company?
    I don't know how many people, but NTP is just a holding company for the "protection" of the patents they have (which I think were actually developed by someone else that they got the legal rights for). A company that makes money by suing other companies.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I don't know how many people, but NTP is just a holding company for the "protection" of the patents they have (which I think were actually developed by someone else that they got the legal rights for). A company that makes money by suing other companies.
    NTP background info here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP%2C_Inc.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Maintenance In Progress

Cingular Wireless is continually working to improve our internet site for our customers. As part of this ongoing effort, we are currently doing maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please try back again later.

Should you require immediate assistance, please call:

Sales: 1-888-290-4613

Care: 1-800-888-7600 Digital (TDMA)
    1-866-293-4634 Next Generation (GSM/GPRS)

http://www.cingular.com/cell-phone-s...come/index.jsp
    Another post in the "take it for what it's worth category", but I called an inside source I know with Cingular today (Not my best friend's Uncle's sister's Cousin.....but a business rep that I have dealt with for years). I inquired about when I could get my hands on a 680. His response back was "How about a 750?" He told me that there was an internal memo today that said that BOTH the treo 680 AND the 750 will be released for online sales on November 14th!!!

He did say that even though there was an internal memo, dates have been known to change before, so don't kill him if they do. I thought I would post this in this thread, along with the rest of the "my cingular rep said" posts. I just hope that the information is accurate!!!
    Last edited by MattM2G; 11/09/2006 at 09:48 PM.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    He told me that there was an internal memo today that said that BOTH the treo 680 AND the 750 will be released on November 14th!!!
    Nahhh, that'd almost redeem Cingular from delaying so long.
    Could it be???

A quote from the Toronto Star:

Later this month, Rogers will offer the Palm Treo 680, which comes in four colours and finally gets rid of the stubby antenna that has become a fixture on Palm products. The 680's main drawback seems to be an inferior camera.

Nov. 9, 2006. 01:00 AM
    DENNIS MORGAN
    SPECIAL TO THE STAR

I'm trying not to get too excited but can you blame me? hehe

My g/f said if she catches me on this site again....it ain't gonna be pretty.
    Gosh, and she says that we never spend enough time together.lol

Fingers crossed.

Caally.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123