1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 Microphone Quality is extremely bad (un-acceptable)(TOO LOUD)
    I have only had the phone for 3 weeks and I am sick of the sound quality.

When I am on the phone, mostly outside while cars are driving by, my callers can hear the background noise extremely loud.
    People are complaining that they are able to hear people were next to me or ask if I am in a crowded room.
    When I am in a fairly quiet spot.

I have been told I sound as if I am on the Speaker Phone constantly.

I tried calling my Treo 650 from my old Nextel Phone.
    I have tried standing outside my building, called my old Nextel Flip Phone with the Treo on "mute" and only speaking into the Nextel Flip phone everything sounds great on the Treo, no cars or noise. Sounds as if I am in an office.

However, when I switch... and Place the flip phone on mute and UN-mute the Treo..I can hear EVERYTHING TOO LOUDLY.
    All the background roar, every car that passes by or people.
    Almost as if I just turned on the speaker phone.

Is this a Phone Problem? OR Do all of you have an over sensitive Microphone?
    Is there not a NOISE CANCELING feature?
    DO I need to switch out phones?

Anyone please HELP ME!
    Please!!!
  2.    #2  
    Sorry to bump this, but I would love some help.
    If not a fix, can you all tell me if your Treo 650's have a good microphone quality?
    I am using my old Nextel phone for calls and the treo for E-mail.
    This cant be the way the phone should sound.
    Anyone?
    Get Volumecare. It allows you to adjust microphone sensitivity. I had to reduce mine as well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    Get Volumecare. It allows you to adjust microphone sensitivity. I had to reduce mine as well.
    But will lowering the mic, make my voice sound low to my callers?
    Does Volumecare help the phone not work as if it is constantly on SPEAKER?
    If you don't want advice, don't ask! Volumecare is free to try and if it performs as you want, then you can decide if you want to buy it or not. It solves MANY problems that are present in the Treo regarding volume and the speakers and mic. Stop whining and do something about it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    If you don't want advice, don't ask! Volumecare is free to try and if it performs as you want, then you can decide if you want to buy it or not. It solves MANY problems that are present in the Treo regarding volume and the speakers and mic. Stop whining and do something about it.
    Wow, if your not going to give good advice don't post!!
    I have tried the Volumecare App.. and it is very nice.
    HOWEVER, it does not correct my problem.
    I do not need to lower the microphone setting. I need a way to make it not sound like I am on a speaker phone.
    Or a way to have it perform with some sort of noise cancellation/ filter.
    Well, in your previous posts you don't mention ANYWHERE that you've tried Volumecare. I DID have a microphone sensitivity issue which I was able to fix by installing Volumecare and reducing the mic's sensitivity. From the initial description you gave, this sounded like what you needed. Advice is worth what you pay for it....and I don't believe you paid anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sadly, VolumeCare is not the cure-all. It has no effect whatsoever on my Treo--nada.
    This does not sound right. VolumeCare should be very noticable on your Treo. Please wrote to me about your situation and I will help you get the application working on your device. If need be, we can spend time talking on the phone and I will bet you will love the application.

Jeff
    support AT GoTreoSoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mamntfca1 View Post
    But will lowering the mic, make my voice sound low to my callers?
    Does Volumecare help the phone not work as if it is constantly on SPEAKER?
    There is a growing number of MIC failures in Treo's these days. This may be your problem.

But you can gradually reduce the gain on your MIC during a phone call by using the key sequence: OPTION 5-way UP or OPTION 5-way DOWN. This means to hold down the OPTION key (all dark button in the lower left of the Treo's keyboard) then while still holding down the option key, press the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN key. You will see a box popup and the number will either increament up or down one value for each press of the 5-way button. In this way, you can fine tune the MIC gain during a call and the setting will last only for the duration of this phone call. Each press is rather significant. So not much more than one or 2 presses will probably be needed.

Hope this helps......

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    There is a growing number of MIC failures in Treo's these days. This may be your problem.

But you can gradually reduce the gain on your MIC during a phone call by using the key sequence: OPTION 5-way UP or OPTION 5-way DOWN. This means to hold down the OPTION key (all dark button in the lower left of the Treo's keyboard) then while still holding down the option key, press the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN key. You will see a box popup and the number will either increament up or down one value for each press of the 5-way button. In this way, you can fine tune the MIC gain during a call and the setting will last only for the duration of this phone call. Each press is rather significant. So not much more than one or 2 presses will probably be needed.

Hope this helps......

Jeff
    Thanks for the reply...
    However I no longer have the Treo
    I traded it in for the Nokia E62
    I feel the #1 purpose of a Cell Phone/ PDA should be the sound quality on both sides of a phone call.
    I did not want to send the phone back, only to recieve another one with the exact same problems.

Thanks for your help!