webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm OS Devices & Apps > How to find Live Radio URL's
How to find Live Radio URL's
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10/30/2006, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
How do i find out the URL's to live radio in my city. I live in NYC and i am trying to find out the URL's for the radio stations here. Is there a website that has them or where can i find them. I found the URL's for internet radio but i want live radio. Can anyone help me. Thanks
RQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
You might find them here
http://www.thestreamcenter.com/
I've used this from the Treo to stream radio stations a few times.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
02840#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
MarkY's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,747
You can also try, http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast, from your Treo.
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
thanks ill try these
RQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
That webpage was great i found the stations i wanted now how do i get the URL for each radio station
RQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
Can anyone tell me how to find out these URL's i can listen to them on my PC but i don't know how to get the URL. A little help please thanks
RQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2006, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
alokeprasad's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,567
How are you listening to these on the PC?

Try right-clicking the link and see if you can copy the link location (or see the URL in the lower left corner of the web browser you are using.
__________________
--
Aloke
Cingular GSM
Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
alokeprasad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2006, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RQuintero View Post
How do i find out the URL's to live radio in my city. I live in NYC and i am trying to find out the URL's for the radio stations here. Is there a website that has them or where can i find them. I found the URL's for internet radio but i want live radio. Can anyone help me. Thanks
The new media guide in Kinoma Player 4 has the radio feeds built in. Which station are you looking for?
videoscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2006, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
I was looking for Hot 97 in NYC
RQuintero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2006, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
The new media guide in Kinoma Player 4 has the radio feeds built in. Which station are you looking for?
Where do you see that?

When I go to the Kinoma Media Guide, I see an option for Radio Stations, but from there, I don't see any "traditional" radio stations...only:

Radio Stations by TUNED.mobi
Japan StyleFM Fukuoka
Italy RadioItalia
Orban Radio
African Internet Ardio
Sky.fm

And I see categories (Sports, Science Technology & Health, etc), but those are limited (ESPN Radio, NYT Sports, etc)...but nowhere can I find a listing of all radio stations in a state or city. Am I misunderstanding what is available through the built-in app?

The only way I've been able to play my local radio stations has been to open the streaming link on my computer, then copy the link to the actual stream and "Open URL" through Kinoma. Works, but kinda kludgy.
PabloTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2006, 09:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 81
Update:
For those of you using StreamCenter go to http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda in Blazer and then you can click the station links to have them immediately open in Kinoma.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
02840#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2006, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
Where do you see that?

When I go to the Kinoma Media Guide, I see an option for Radio Stations, but from there, I don't see any "traditional" radio stations...only:

Radio Stations by TUNED.mobi
Japan StyleFM Fukuoka
Italy RadioItalia
Orban Radio
African Internet Ardio
Sky.fm

And I see categories (Sports, Science Technology & Health, etc), but those are limited (ESPN Radio, NYT Sports, etc)...but nowhere can I find a listing of all radio stations in a state or city. Am I misunderstanding what is available through the built-in app?

The only way I've been able to play my local radio stations has been to open the streaming link on my computer, then copy the link to the actual stream and "Open URL" through Kinoma. Works, but kinda kludgy.
If you go a bit further, you will find under the tuned.mobi - US then pick your state and station. You can bookmark it when you find it.
videoscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/2006, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RQuintero View Post
I was looking for Hot 97 in NYC
Hot 97 does not stream.
mattii70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2006, 12:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoscraper View Post
If you go a bit further, you will find under the tuned.mobi - US then pick your state and station. You can bookmark it when you find it.
Thanks!
PabloTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0