Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Will the 700p's internet work with regular Vision, or do you absolutely NEED power [vision]?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It will work with regular vision however you won't be getting EVDO. I think they charge you "per-kilobyte" if you do end up using power vision
    If your not interested in Power Vision...why the 700p? Beyond having more user memory, that is the only other real upgrade(EVDO). The 650 would have been fine.
    at&t iPhone3G
    per kilobyte charge for powervison? Is this currect? I just purchased my Treo 700p today through sprints sero plan, and I think they said "unlimited" powervision data?
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjun View Post
    It will work with regular vision however you won't be getting EVDO. I think they charge you "per-kilobyte" if you do end up using power vision
    This is not correct. There are a couple of threads on this issue. If you had regular Vision it will work fine with the 700p and you will get EVDO speeds wherever EVDO is available. While they may mention a per-kilobyte charge, I have never been assessed one and I got my 700p the first week they were available.

The short version is you do not need to change your Vision plan (and potentially extend your service contract).
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    This is not correct. There are a couple of threads on this issue. If you had regular Vision it will work fine with the 700p and you will get EVDO speeds wherever EVDO is available. While they may mention a per-kilobyte charge, I have never been assessed one and I got my 700p the first week they were available.

The short version is you do not need to change your Vision plan (and potentially extend your service contract).
    That's exactly right, as long as you can find a Sprint rep to change your phone without changing your plan. They tell you that you have to upgrade to powervision, but it's not true.
    I have a standard vision plan that is grandfathered and I have been enjoying EDVO for many months now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I too have not changed my Vision to Power Vision and I get EVDO in major areas. When I can't get EVDO it reverts to regular vision.