Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi,

Can anyone please clarify whether the Palm 680 will have 4gb support or not? (I realise there are all sorts of hacks out there for the 650 etc....but would hope that Palm would provide this support out of the box)

In some places I see 2gb maximums listed and in others 4gb support mentioned.

What is the truth? Is this quote from another thread right?

"It supports 4GB fat32 non-SDHC cards but not SDHC cards."

And what is the difference between these two types of cards anyway?

Thanks for any help! I'm hoping to buy a 680 and really would love the extra space of 4gb!(and hopefully one day 8gb + too!)
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavoz View Post
    In some places I see 2gb maximums listed and in others 4gb support mentioned.

What is the truth? Is this quote from another thread right?

"It supports 4GB fat32 non-SDHC cards but not SDHC cards."
    I think the issue is that some 4GB SD cards may well work, and some won't. The SD standard was only supposed to go to 2GB, but some manufacturers have produced 4GB cards anyway; without a standard, how can Palm say they will all work?

And what is the difference between these two types of cards anyway?
    See here for a bit more.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I think the issue is that some 4GB SD cards may well work, and some won't. The SD standard was only supposed to go to 2GB, but some manufacturers have produced 4GB cards anyway; without a standard, how can Palm say they will work?[/I]
    [/COLOR]

Yep..that makes sense...just hope we can all figure out which 4gb cards will work and which ones won't! Sounds a bit like a game of Russian roulette really...spend the bucks on a 4gb card...and kinda live in hope!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    That's why this forum so usefull!
    Perhaps start with the ones that work on the 700p? Should be the same driver. There's a thread on this in the 700p section.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA