1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can give me some feedback on this, I just got my Treo 650 a couple of weeks ago and started to explore the bluetooth feature on this phone, I was not impress. The bluetooth manager app seems so unresponsive, it freezes for few seconds to few minutes after each tap, like going from "on" to "off" or "done". Also, if the bluetooth is set to on, its takes at least two push of the button and up to a minute befor it powers on. Can someone please confirm this is not the norm for this feature.

Thanks
    Not normal when comparing to my 650 and 700p and 700w. Ben
    You're sure that Bluetooth is the only variable here? I suspect some software is doing something nasty. There are a few programs that can cause long delays turning on, one of them is PXAClocker with the 1.20/1.71 FW and the other is BattGraph (when its database starts getting large).

Turning Bluetooth DUN on takes a second or so, but that's the only thing that has a delay related to Bluetooth on my 650.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like this is not the norm, that gives me hopes.
    You're sure that Bluetooth is the only variable here? I suspect some software is doing something nasty. There are a few programs that can cause long delays turning on, one of them is PXAClocker with the 1.20/1.71 FW and the other is BattGraph (when its database starts getting large).
    The funny thing is that it is much much worse when it is complete clean. Though I started testing the Reverse DUN on the Bluetooth when I have a bunch of software installed. Like you I thought some applications must be causing the conflict so I did the hard reset and wipe it clean then go back to the bluethooth manager app and tap around in there, it was ten times worse.
    Alot of times I thought the power would not even come back on any more.

Any more thoughts on this, anyone?
    Reverse DUN meaning you were using Bluetooth to access the internet on a remote computer with a bluetooth dongle and internet access, right? IE:

Treo-->PC-->Internet

Not DUN which is:

PC-->Treo-->Cellular Data (internet)

DUN is a little slow to turn on and off, and is a little flakey. I had to run my home network off of it for a weekend when my DSL was being repaired (who knew backhoes could damage fibre... Not my teleco apparently!) and I had to restart DUN or reboot the Treo 3-4 times over the two days or things would get weird.

Now, Reverse DUN I used to use a LOT and never had any problems out of.. Before I had my unlimited data plan. I'd use it still, but it gets tedious switching back and forth.
  6.    #6  
    I'm not even touching the "DUN" button in the Bluetooth manager, I'm just talking about tapping on the "on", "off" and the "setup devices" buttons was really really slow, as long this screen is slow I can live with that, but just the fact that the bluetooth set to on, it takes many push of the button to Power the unit back on, and may take from few seconds to a minute. The reverse DUN was just the first thing 'm testing because Data in Canada is really expensive, I'm current on a light data plan which only give me 4 mg for $25, next one up is 8mg for $40, no such thing as Unlimited data usage here. Any how I'm just concern that bluetooth is flaky on this unit and that I will not be able get other toys to work on it like gps, headset, etc ...
    Yeah, then you're definitely talking Reverse DUN, just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, your Bluetooth sounds weird.. Haven't heard of that sort of thing, but.. If you purchased it in a cellular store, maybe you can take it in and compare to another or see if you can get it replaced.
    If you have the same delay issue after hard resetting and not installing any programs, then the only thing I can suggest you try before returning the device is look for all bluetooth related files in RAM and delete them (I'm not sure which files these are but I'm sure you can figure them out). After that, do a soft reset and the system will reinstall new files in RAM.

Try that, it may just work. Reason being I had problem with SMS in the past and the problem kept occuring even after a hard reset and not installing anything. I was about to return the device for an exchange but I played around with it and deleted all SMS (Messaging) related files from RAM, did a soft reset, then what-do-you-know, problem solved. My experience is proof that a hard reset does not necessarily wipe out everything on a Treo 650.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the valuable information guys, for what ever the reason, it is much more responsive now, I sort of lost track of what I did before it got better, but I'll take all your tips into consideration when it start to go funny on me again.