Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Ok, Im new to Treos (should be here in a couple days), and I have been pouring over the forums looking for the best solution, and have found many options. I wanted some current, up to date options about email. Here is the situation.

I have a Google apps email account (a gmail account, that has my domain instead of gmail.com. Functions same as gmail). I want push email to my treo 650 (Verizon). I have decided on Chatteremail as the program. From what I understand, I need to have a 3rd account in the middle to facilitate the push. Fastmail seems unstable now. I also dont really want to pay for email if I can avoid it. I will pay the $30 for chatter, but would rather not pay a bunch of money on top of that. I also want the mail comming from my treo to have my email address, I know fastmail would do this, any others?

So, what solutions would yall suggest?

Thanks!
    If cost is the #1 factor, I would suggest AIM (AOL).

Marc
    emailtreo.com has a 6 month trial period. They run off everyone.net and is very stable.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    emailtreo.com has a 6 month trial period. They run off everyone.net and is very stable.
    will emailtreo allow me to set a personality, so that it looks like the emails are comming from my origional email account?
    Chatter will with SMTP profiles.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Cool! Sounds like a good way to go.

Anyone have any experience with Verizon Wireless sync?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha752 View Post
    Cool! Sounds like a good way to go.

Anyone have any experience with Verizon Wireless sync?
    Yes, Verizon Wireless Sync is unreliable. Emails are PUSH'd at irregular intervals, not in real time. The SMTP server used by VZW also has lapses in sending out mail. Huge battery drain with many unecessary syncs occuring through their SMS trigger. You are much better off with Chatter and an IMAP acct with IDLE command enabled (emailtreo, fusemail, AOL to name a few).
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ