Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Anyone else use Teallock on a 700p?

I used it for years and support it.. but now with my 700p,.. it crashes like crazy.. Maybe conflict...(Benefit of the doubt) but I tried the major changed beta version and also the current version with nothing but crashes/resets..

Anyone else or ideas?

Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Anyone else use Teallock on a 700p?

I used it for years and support it.. but now with my 700p,.. it crashes like crazy.. Maybe conflict...(Benefit of the doubt) but I tried the major changed beta version and also the current version with nothing but crashes/resets..

Anyone else or ideas?

Thanks

I use the latest beta of version 6 with my 700P and I don't have any problems at all. I don't think I'm doing anything extra or special to make it work.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Then it's a conflict with other apps.. I do install to much on mine.. it seems.

I wished there were more debugging tools for the Palm troubleshooting.
    Now deleting Teallock Ver. 5.65

Thanks for the input
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    I too used Teal Lock with success on my old Treo 650, but the same app gave problems to my 700p. I had to completely remove Teal Lock as a result.

Is there a new version of Teal Lock now? If so, I'll have to check it out. Will the same old password work?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I too used Teal Lock with success on my old Treo 650, but the same app gave problems to my 700p. I had to completely remove Teal Lock as a result.

Is there a new version of Teal Lock now? If so, I'll have to check it out. Will the same old password work?
    New beta of TealLock6 is available here:
    http://www.tealpoint.com/beta.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am using Teallock 5.65 with very little to no problems on my Sprint 700P. I used to have a lot of crashes which I at first attributed to Teallock but later found out it was mlights ...
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

Casey,

The new version (beta) is even worse for me. They also changed so much on the new version of UI wise, that I don't like it anymore. I think they are charging for an upgrade also.

Yes, the password should carry over though. It is in sync with the Treo system security password..

Unfortunetly, for myself I had to reinstall the older version and remove the password/delete app. Now not using any security.. I guess it's time to learn/use the native palm security app. To bad though, I really liked Teallock for so many years and was one of my top apps.
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 10/30/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    I just downloaded Teal Lock 6 Beta directly from my 700p. D@mn it was a huuuuuge 4MB file! This must be a new record for me for largest file size app downloaded through the Treo!

The first thing that peeved me right away is that the app requested for a new upgraded password, which I don't have. The original password was accepted, but immediately the app asked for a second upgraded password.

Even worse, I want to try out this new version 6 for the next 30 days, but the d@rn app keeps giving me the stupid registration nag screen. I can't stand having to see this nag screen every day throughout the day!

I ended up disabling the app for now, but am keeping it on my internal memory for awhile longer. I emailed Teal Company asking for an upgraded password, and am waiting for a response so I can better determine if this app is worthwhile to keep.

By the way, the new TealLock app immediately gave me a message to disable all internal security apps that might conflict with the "behavior" of the program. The older TealLock app didn't have this warning message. Don't know if this is a good thing or not.

At this moment for now, I'm going back to Palm's internal security app.

Casey
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 10/30/2006 at 12:50 PM.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Heya didn't see a message saying disable any other security app.
    Makes sense, I should have considered that a while back. Will make sure there are no other security apps loaded or active. I doubt this has been my problem, but am trying it..

Thanks for the heads up.
    I just downloaded Teal Lock 6 Beta directly from my 700p. D@mn it was a huuuuuge 4MB file! This must be a new record for me for largest file size app downloaded through the Treo!

The first thing that peeved me right away is that the app requested for a new upgraded password, which I don't have. The original password was accepted, but immediately the app asked for a second upgraded password.

I ended up disabling the app for now, but am keeping it on my internal memory for awhile longer. I emailed Teal Company asking for an upgraded password, and am waiting for a response so I can better determine if this app is worthwhile to keep.

Casey
    I've been testing the beta version 6 for a month or two.

The zip file is 3mb, as it includes 4 versions plus a pdf helpfile.

If you join the free yahoo list beta group you will find a 30 day password.

It's up to beta 33 now. It's very stable. They are just sorting very minor and obscure bugs now. The full release should be out soon I guess.

There are some very Nice new features, plus it locks on a Warm Reset now
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I purchased Teallock a few years ago and RE-purchased upgrades since then.
    There have been some issue when using Teallock. Using the latest as of this date.
    After the Treo 700p resets, it sometimes returns with a blank white screen screen. For months I could not figure out what caused this.
    After working with it, I noticed that the NATIVE Security app would be active, but graphics would be completely blank. The only thing possible was to type and the typed characters would show up. No OK buttons available and pressing any other button would not OK, it.

After many months of frustration, it turns out that Teallock is "passing" the security lock to the native Security app.
    Not a problem until the device resets. When it resets for what ever reason, the native locking app has no screen graphics. (Blank white screen.)
    When this happens, I have to softreset into safe mode(Holding the 5-way up while reset) and Unassign the password in the NATIVE security app.

For some reason, Teallock is blanking the Native security app and passing the Password into it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn