1.    #1  
    Greetings,

If I have the Palm desktop and hotsync software installed on my PC that came with the 650 do I need to install whatever comes on the 700p disks?

Is the 700p desktop software different than the 650?

If so can I just install on top or should I uninstall the 650 desktop first?
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Good question. I was wodering that myself..

I HAVE NOT changed my PalmDesktop from 650 to 700p. My Treo migrated nicely... But, I am wondering If im missing out on any other features or Conduits in the Hotsync.

Tanx
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I asked the same question a few weeks agao and the response I got was to uninstall the old desktop completely and go with the new one.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    What reason were you given? Im in the same boat.
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    That's what Palm states on their website.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I didn't reinstall. I just went into the Palm desktop and renamed my user to "old" . Then when you sync your 700p, everything will fresh. FWIW, the verison I was running, 4.1.4, is what came on the CD. If you browse the contents of the CD, there isn't anything special.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    The reason I didn't feel necessary for myself is, I use Agendus Desktop as my PC PIM. It is feature rich for what I need. So I guess it leaves the palm drivers and hotsync conduit.

Could someone (Please) check what version your Hotsync says and in Device manager what version Palm Driver is given?

Thanks so much..
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    I didn't reinstall. I just went into the Palm desktop and renamed my user to "old" . Then when you sync your 700p, everything will fresh. FWIW, the verison I was running, 4.1.4, is what came on the CD. (If you browse the contents of the CD, there isn't anything special).
    Is that true ? They couldn't just ship the new treo with the same old desk top...could they ? With all those high paid brainiacs on the job Ill bet you just didn't notice all the cool new colors.
    I'm really interested in this too. I want my old Contacts, Memos, and Calendar events on my new 700p, but I don't want anything copied over from my 650p that could potentially cause instability (old system files especially, but any apps that might be a problem as well). I suppose I can just hotsync my 700p, and if I don't like how things go, hard-reset it and then try it the other way, but I wanted to know if anyone knew of a Treo 650p --> 700p migration procedure.
    I just installed the new Palm desktop software over the prior install. But since I normally sync with Outlook, I haven't even looked at the new Palm Desktop.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.