1.    #1  
    Greetings,

I am using a temporary treo 650. I tried just copying over some files from the datebook directory located from my old treo in the directory:
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\davidk\datebook
    into the directory:
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\temp4\datebook

I copied over the files:
    datebook.bak
    datebook.dat
    DateMate.dba
    Personal.dba
    UIPrefs.dat

In the hotsync log it shows all the categories from the old device were deleted and then I got the stupid error

Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again.

which for me usually means some corruption that I fix by running the db fixer tool that comes with datebk6 which I have not installed yet on the new device.
    You can not "merge" this type of data by copying over in the method that you described. What you did was overwrite the existing information and that's ground for corruption.

If you would have followed either one of the suggestions I made or HDHNTR23 made you wouldn't be in this pickle.

Before you copied over these files did you keep the originals save someplace?

If not you are truly goofed as I suspect that running dbscan will not fix the files which are corrupted on the desktop - not the handheld.

There is a method to fix corrupted records on the desktop - go to Tools, Options, Tools and then click on the "check now" button.

Good luck.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I am keeping everyone's suggestions under advisement. I appreciate all friendly comments and advice

Yes I have saved off my original backup folder.

I am trying different things to see what happens, so please keep the tone of replies friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    Yes I am keeping everyone's suggestions under advisement. I appreciate all friendly comments and advice

Yes I have saved off my original backup folder.

I am trying different things to see what happens, so please keep the tone of replies friendly.
    What part wasn't friendly?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  5.    #5  
    Sometimes I am overly sensitive.