Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is there a way to get rid of tht popup? it gets annoying
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Try this overlay patch from Shadowmite
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  3.    #3  
    fails to load
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I think you have to put it on a SD card and move it over to your device with an app. like FileZ.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  5.    #5  
    anyone have a easier fix or know a setting to disable?
    Boo Boo,

As Rob T stated, Shadowmite's overlay is the fix. Been using it for several months now. The evolution of the fix is detailed in the thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=phone+overlay .
    And it's simple to use too.
  8.    #8  
    ok i installed file now what i see test 7 on the card but how do i run it to install?
    Dude, two separate people chimed in to help. One pointed you to the file; the other the thread for more information. Rather than say "thank you," or take a peek, you continue asking questions now easily enough found? Normally, I'm all for helping newbies, or seasoned users who just don't have a specific answer (especially since the search function on this board leaves something to be desired) but you really need to work on your style. "It gets annoying."
  10.    #10  
    actually you seem annoying and *****y. go chill out and be whinny someplace else
    CheckPt, I think you forgot that not all Treo user can read and try for them self... they need some hand holding.

I think they want you to move the file from Sd to ROM.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Did Shadowmite make one for Verizon? Has anyone tried his Sprint patch with a Verizon phone with success?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I did a hard reset today and had to re-install test 7, so I can confirm that this process works.

The way you do it is you install the file test7.prc to an SD card using an external card reader or a program/application like Card Export or Card Reader 1.04.

Then, use the freeware app. FileZ and move the file (Test7) from the card to the device (aka from "Card" to "Internal").

That's all there is to it.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Rob_T; 11/06/2006 at 07:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    CheckPt, I think you forgot that not all Treo user can read and try for them self... they need some hand holding.

I think they want you to move the file from Sd to ROM.
    Did you mean to say "I think he wants you to move the file from Sd to ROM FOR HIM."
  15.    #15  
    no its just some of us prefer english and dont really feel like reading 80 pages of crap for a simple line of text
    Quote Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
    no its just some of us prefer english and dont really feel like reading 80 pages of crap for a simple line of text

Yes, don't you all understand that this is Boo Boo! THE Boo Boo. Guys, he's out helping Yogi snag pick-i-nick baskets all day long. He's simply too busy and far too important to read something himself. He'd rather have someone do it for him.

So, here you go Boo Boo old boy, from post number #62 of the above thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203 View Post
    To install the Patch you have to put it in the sd card either by a reader, or a when you hotsync make sure its hotsynced to the card, then find it in the card and with Zlauncher or a file manager, move it to Ram, and thats all, its installed, to remove it use zlauncher or a file manager, and just delete the test file and everything goes back to normal. make sure your not hotsyncing like a regular prc. you are going to get errors
    Oh, and if you would like other overlays, the FIRST POST in that thread has a link to all of the available overlays

You're welcome you
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    Did Shadowmite make one for Verizon? Has anyone tried his Sprint patch with a Verizon phone with success?
    Gen Zod, that thread is the definitive resource for info, unfortunately, I have Sprint and it works fine, so I've never looked into the answer!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    I don't think Verizon needs it. At least my VZW 700p has never displayed a call ended popup.
  19.    #19  
    poor dunce its ok . ask mom for a hug
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    vzw users DO NOT USE THIS!!!

just a fyi....
    If I could know then, what I know now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast