Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just received an upgrade to 6.7.3.325.

The appearance has been drastically changed (for the better IMO). It also includes a File Finder function and an option.

Another feature I will use frequently is the search inbox. At the inbox screen just simply start typing what you are looking for and the search is on....

Downside is it does not seem to "push" like it used to and there is no icon to manual check for new messages.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How do you like Biz Connect? Is it worth having?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It still "pushes" for me. Although, it does seem to be a little slower.
    Palm Vx & Nokia 5170 > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have been using BiZ Con for about a year and it works great for me. This new version seems to be working well for me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    How do you like Biz Connect? Is it worth having?
    I have been using it for over a year and have been pleased. There have been minor hiccups but for the most part it serves its purpose for me.

I just updated to the new version and a pop up box said that if you hold down the mail and/or calendar button (if you mapped a button to Biz Conn), the manual sync process will start. I just tried it (have the mail button bring up Biz Conn) and it worked. Not sure if it will work if you have the mail and/or calendar button mapped to something other then Biz Conn.
    Cingular Xpress Mail servers have been down all day. I hope they update their software too.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ARashkind View Post
    I just updated to the new version and a pop up box said that if you hold down the mail and/or calendar button (if you mapped a button to Biz Conn), the manual sync process will start. I just tried it (have the mail button bring up Biz Conn) and it worked. Not sure if it will work if you have the mail and/or calendar button mapped to something other then Biz Conn.
    If it is mapped to the side button then you can not manually sync. Kind of disappointing as I would rather it mapped to the side key but oh well...

Overall I am pleased. I have encountered a problem opening a 1.5M excel file. I receive an insufficient memory error... I have plenty of memory so I am not certain what thats about... Thoughts?

The only problem I have encountered with the new update is I have been unable to send from my pop account that I also use with Biz Con. My Exchange account is working just fine. But, when I try to send from my pop Cox account I get an error saying to check the address.

The other thing I noticed is that Biz Con uses about twice the memory it did before.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by circpro View Post
    I just received an upgrade to 6.7.3.325.
    Could someone post a link? I did try to find it myself.

Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    You can check for updates from the client on your Treo.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    You can check for updates from the client on your Treo.
    Thanks . doing it now.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    The only problem I have encountered with the new update is I have been unable to send from my pop account that I also use with Biz Con. My Exchange account is working just fine. But, when I try to send from my pop Cox account I get an error saying to check the address.

The other thing I noticed is that Biz Con uses about twice the memory it did before.
    I am in the same boat as you are. This is why I have reverted back to the previous version of BizConn (ver. 6.6.2.226) where I had no problems with the second POP account.

I also don't like how the OK and Cancel buttons have been moved around.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek View Post
    I am in the same boat as you are. This is why I have reverted back to the previous version of BizConn (ver. 6.6.2.226) where I had no problems with the second POP account.

I also don't like how the OK and Cancel buttons have been moved around.

I have kept the new version. The new features out way the problem with my pop account. I have Snapper in my custom ROM for my pop. There are too many new features that are beneficial to turn down. I am having a hard time getting used to the change of the OK and Cancel as well. I'm sure that will just take some time. I like the home page that you can start it in and file finder in which you can now send an attachment that is stored on the device where before the attachment had to be on your computer and accessed over the network. Now I can create, or edit, a document with Docs to Go and then email it out to my staff.
    Does anyone know how to find your sent messages on the new version?

I've checked everywhere and can't find the old sent/outbox/drafts folders. Not under view. That is really aggravating.

I also don't like the ok and cancel button changes. Used to be that to delete a message I'd just hit the center button twice. Now you have to add a right in between the center button hits. I'll probably just get rid of the confirm delete option.

I have the same problem with my pop - is it that you need to set the smtp server as sprints? I recall having this issue way back when with my 600. I'll probably just use versamail - which I now use as a backup in case my bizcon access to my exchange server gets interrupted.

Don't understand why they'd get rid of the manual sync icon. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Why not leave it and have the email button sync as well.

Otherwise, I like it.

I presume I could use font smoother to fit more messages.
    I spoke to the support department in charge of BizConn yesterday, as I was having a connectivity problem, and asked him about the button removals and relocations while I had him on the phone. He said "a legal issue" is the reason why the sync button was removed and the OK and Cancel were swapped around on the screen. Apparently the previous BizConn look posed a violation of copyright on some other product somewheres. Who knows...
    How did you get a hold of Biz Con Tech Support?

I am having an issue with the new version of BizCon 6.7.3.325. When I send an email via BizCon it actually uses the return email address of one of my accounts from Versamail. I am unaware of any way to control the "return email address" within the Biz Con software, so I think this is a bug.

Anyone using Biz Con and Versamail...do you have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGator View Post
    Does anyone know how to find your sent messages on the new version?

I've checked everywhere and can't find the old sent/outbox/drafts folders. Not under view. That is really aggravating.
    Just found it. While viewing your Inbox, tap the blue folder icon at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meistro View Post
    Just found it. While viewing your Inbox, tap the blue folder icon at the top.
    You can also use the 5-way to navigate to it.

Someone mentioned not having two-way sync icon anymore. If you have Biz Conn mapped to a button, just hold the button down and it will force a sync. This may have already been posted.

The search email is a pretty cool feature as well. Just start typing a name or word in an email and it shows the list of emails.
  20.    #20  
    I found that if you map BC to the side button you cannot hold it down to sync.. no big deal I just switched back to using the mail button.

I really like the integrated contacts as well... not all my business contacts were in my palm address book and I have been too lazy to enter them....now it only takes about 2 clicks and its done!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast