1.    #1  
    I'm using Goodlink on my Treo 750v right now and was thinking about getting a 680 on Cingular when it comes out.

I just wanted to see if I could switch out my SIM card between devices when I wanted to use the 750 or 680. Does anyone do this with two devices and one SIM? If I use one device for a couple of days and then pop that SIM into the other, will everything just sync back up?
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    wont work

the goodlink server picks up the SIM ID, there fore wont allow you to actrivate two phones with the same sim card

i have an e61 and a 8125, and i need to remove myself from the server everytime i switch devices
    It will work. But, whenever you switch devices, you have to enter a "reprov" command. (Go to the today screen; type "debug" and "reprov" at the command line. It takes about 5 mins depending on how much data you have. I'm planning on doing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    It will work. But, whenever you switch devices, you have to enter a "reprov" command. (Go to the today screen; type "debug" and "reprov" at the command line. It takes about 5 mins depending on how much data you have. I'm planning on doing the same thing.
    Actually, there are quite a few of us who also tried the reprov command and although it would start to reprovision and appear as though it was going to work, it would stop and not work and you'd have to go ahead and re-install gl. I would suggest that if you're jumping between the two devices, you may want to try Exchange ActiveSync direct Push using ActiveSync if you're on the WM 5.0 device or some other form of direct push, etc.

There's a whole trail here on Treocentral about using 2 simcards on one device. Do a search for it and you can see the results of others.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Thanks guys! So, Globetrotter, are you doing this now with two devices? I have a hosted Goodlink account so I can't do anything at the server level (unfortunately). If the "reprov" command really did work, that would be great!

Yes, OTA ActiveSync would be best and maybe I'll give that a shot when the 680 releases the update to allow it and keep Good on the 750.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me how to reprov an e62?
    Sparkomatic: I am doing it now--several times switched--with the 650 and 750v. It works fine. What the poster before me talked about was using two sims with one device. That won't work since the GL server looks to the phone number to validate. You can add another phone number to the GL account but your IT people would have to do that.
  8.    #8  
    Globetrotter, thanks! That makes sense.

Yeah, I'm just talking about taking the same SIM and swapping between the 750v and 680.
    Brandon