Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So, palm is sending me a replacment treo and I'm wondering if anyone has a 700 with no problems? The only 3rd party I use is pocket quicken any chance I'll have a treo 700p with no issues? TIA
    Well it gets as much problem as the 650.

How come we get so many new users complaining about the Treo recently. I don't get it. Has Palm sold a whole bucket more phones this season?
    i think a trouble-free treo is non-existent, though i will admit that there are alot more problems with the 700 than the 650.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by miimac View Post
    So, palm is sending me a replacment treo and I'm wondering if anyone has a 700 with no problems? The only 3rd party I use is pocket quicken any chance I'll have a treo 700p with no issues? TIA
    What problems did you originally have? I have to say that any "problems" my Treo has tend to be self-induced as I am constantly in and out of programs and installing/deleting/updating things I have. Mine will crash sometimes if I run out of dbcache but I have an application to manage that. For the most part mine is pretty stable.
    I have no problems with mine.
    Re: "pretty stable." A $650 business device shouldn't be pretty anything, except to look at. This thing should be bullet-proof, and it's far, far from that.
    I don't have any problems with mine. I have problems with a 3rd party app now and then but the Treo itself has been a pleasure for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Re: "pretty stable." A $650 business device shouldn't be pretty anything, except to look at. This thing should be bullet-proof, and it's far, far from that.
    what problems do you have with yours? i don't think anything is bullet proof in the cell phone world. if there is one, i have yet to find it.

i think the main problem with the 700p is bluetooth, but mine works flawlessly with my car. the lag does not exist, until i load lots of 3rd party apps. a treo, out of the box zips.

when i load lots of apps...only then do i start getting resets and such.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    ^a message would come up saying the battery was low and the phone was going to shut down, but the battery was more than 50% full, then when I used ##377 it said the system crashed...on...at...while running unknown application fatal exception. The thing is I was not running any apps. The only 3rd party app I have installed on the ROM is pocket quicken.

Do third pary apps on a card cause conflict? I was told by sprint that they did not, however I was also told that there was nothing wrong with my treo and a new one is coming in 3-5 business days
    Mine has been working great for me, even after a few drops & dings. ;-)
    See the thread I started I started recently (is anyone HAPPY with their 700p)...

In short, the answer for me is a resounding YES. I am thrilled with mine, and it has been solid as a rock for me so far (only had it for a few days).

For how I plan to use it, I haven't had one issue - no lag, no resets, no other misbehaviour.

To be fair, I haven't loaded any 3rd party apps yet, I haven't touched Versamail (seems to be one major contributor to the lag issue), nor have I tried a bluetooth headset. Call me crazy, but I don't want to look like some geek borg-wannabe at a sci-fi convention - might as well break out a pocket protector and a whopping case of acne!

Just kidding - I probably will try a BT headset since my car has tinted windows (that's the only place I'd use one).

Qualifications aside, I absolutely LOVE my 700p so far!

JD
    I use to think the bluetooth headsets looked stupid too, but to me the Treo is too big and gets to hot to hold up to my ear for long conversations. I also talk a lot while driving, trying to hold this and drive just doesn't feel good.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'm on 700p #3.While I had tojump through hoops to get a decent one. This one has been great.The 2 second lag of my carrier name (VZW) when entering the phone app was cured by removing versa mail completely from the 700p and my back ups(donlt think you can do this on sprint,because vmail is in the rom). I also never launched wireless sync on this unit.I have several 3rd parties, mostly on the phone,but some on the SDcard. I have @30mb of mem on the phone available. I have not had any resets that haven't been accounted for. They are rare. Much less then the 650. Also almost always due to blazer. The lag entering blazer was cured by unchecking clear cache on exit. I keep an 8Mb cache and ussully clear it manually before it gets there. I use chatter for email(the latest stable version.) manually disconnecting while offline. I have had great phone service and the data is even better,especially in evdo. That said, I don't use bluetooth headsets. I won't untill we get voicedialing via bluetooth(I'm not holding my breath). I do occassionally sync via bluetooth,but it is waaaay too slow. I opt for usb for syncing and usb modem with my powerbook. I have voice privacy off, date from network off. My power settings low, and am on auto network selection. I would love to see the missing features added,software/developers step up and take us to 2006 instead of the 80s and the bugs fixed,but for the most part I'm happy. It serves my needs for a phone and organizer/email/toy/modem.

I am upset about palms lack of support,quality control and communication with its customers. I hate waiting to be the last OS supported and palm needs to step up, the alternatives are getting more tempting. But for now I'm good. It does blow my mind though,why some seemingly basic smartphone features are not there, while they still support IR, and why it takes soooo long to write some code... It shouldn't be such a sad state of affairs, but I guess I lucked out, after busting my $$& to try and get a good one
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    But for the frusterating SMS lockup issue, my 700p works fine - atleast as well as any other cell/pda that I have owned. I get a kick out of the notion that any tech device could meet ChkptCharlie's definition of being "bulletproof". I have a $2500 Fujitsu tablet that "should" be better than it is - in fact I can't think of any device that I have ever owned short of a princess phone that I would describe as "bulletproof". Show me any device that is "Firmware Upgradable" and I will show you a work in progress...
    There are very few, if any, tech devices without "any problems." Especially ones that have thousands of software programs available. Ask almost anyone that has a computer if they have any problems. Sure the Treo has a few hardware bugs and software bugs, but overall, it's capabilities are amazing. Maybe there there is some quality control problems, but I'll bet that the vast majority of Treos have no significant issues. We only hear about them because people tend to post their problems on forums like these.
    I am still on my first 700p and running strong...knock on wood.
    at&t iPhone3G
    On my first 700 as well with no problems what so ever. And any problem I did have was a Sprint related issue. So far it's been way more stable than the 650 ever was before it's first firmware update.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    the only problem I had with my 700p is that "I" broke my headphone jack and I got another one that works as good as my first one. No problems no resets here.
    An occasional reset related to one single application that the developer is working to isolate the problem and correct. And if they can't resolve it, it's no big deal. With all that's going on on this device, a reset once a day or so is probably a good thing. Other than that, my Treo is awesome!
    Is smoke coming out of the battery door considered a problem?

Just asking...
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast