Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just downloaded snapper mail through sprint and it turns out it is the standard version. When trying to set up my gmail account through snapper i find out that snapper says you have to have one of the two upgraded versions of snapper for gmail to work. Right now i have my gmail forwarded to my sprint email and i set my sprint email up through snapper but i would prefer to just have my gmail set up directly, do i really have to pay 15 dollars to upgrade when i jsut spent 30 on the standard? Any help would be appreciated.

Ty
    Gmail requires SSL. I assume that's what you get for another $15 with snapper! You could get your money back and get Agendus Mail SSL for $24.95 ($20 less). That's what I use with Gmail and it works great! Download a trial copy of Agendus SSL (30-day, fully functional and try before you buy).

Agendus Mail also lets your tap/hold on any email (or use the menu) and turn any mail into a memo, task, meeting, or contact (parses the pertinent info). And yes, I do work part-time for iambic!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Gmail requires SSL. I assume that's what you get for another $15 with snapper! You could get your money back and get Agendus Mail SSL for $24.95 ($20 less). That's what I use with Gmail and it works great! Download a trial copy of Agendus SSL (30-day, fully functional and try before you buy).

Agendus Mail also lets your tap/hold on any email (or use the menu) and turn any mail into a memo, task, meeting, or contact (parses the pertinent info). And yes, I do work part-time for iambic!

I tried out Adendus mail and kind of liked it, but it was AMAZINGLY SLOW. I could not figure out the problem, but every key press when reading mail took abou 5 second to respond. Took forever just to scroll through one email. This happened whether mail was stored on the card or in RAM. It was completely unusable unfortunately. Tried versa, chatter, and snapper, and none of them acted that way. Any idea why it was doing that at all?
    There is noted AND REPORTED sluggishness when stored on the card. Hope to have that resolved in next release. I have not noticed this when storing messages AND attachments in RAM.