Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I was wondering if someone knowing the inns/outs with prc software, could disable the darn Legal Notice on TomTom 5-6 when it starts?

I would pay for it.
    There's probably something in that legal notice that says you can't alter the legal notice... catch22.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    There's probably something in that legal notice that says you can't alter the legal notice... catch22.
    Good point..

but can't or shouldn't

I think the message eliminates my abilities to sue if I had a wreck resulting from it anyway.
    Yeah, even Googlemaps, Earthcomber, Destinator, Magellan and Garmin throw that &$%&^%^ disclaimer at you when you open up. Apparently some legal precedent makes that stupid message mandatory.

And of course, we'd NEVER think of actually using a GPS device when we drive - especially after reading such a serious message, right?

I just pick up a hitchhiker or kidnap someone to drive with me and monitor the GPS every time I need to use it. And I'm sure the people who drive BMWs and whatever other car has built-in GPS do the same (but then again, their driving defies that logic).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.